Should I go to college or pioneer??? Hmmmm...

by ADJUSTMENTS 39 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

Funny you would mention that Doc.

I went to a day of the Regional. I made a little line at the top of my notepad for each time they mentioned 1914 (3) apostates (11).

They said lots about the Kingdom - they did appear to be doing what you are saying and celebrate it while downplaying it. 

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    Community College you can usually do one class at a time. 
  • ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS
    Desirousofchange it is a sad sad day for those still in this joke of a religion...
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

Having done both...

if you want to spend your 30's regretting your lost youth........ignore your doubts, remain a JW and gIve into the guilt and pressure from the Window cleaners above you in the org.....become a pioneer.

If you want to be happy and enjoy freedom of thought and expression, leave the JW's.

If you want to learn something about the world and become an expert in something, maybe even offer something back to mankind, then educate yourself at college. Education is a protection, it teaches you how to safely procure information. it will make the Watchtower and Awake look like nothing more than the dishonerable self advertising it really is.

I have pioneered and gone to bethel, I have also gone to university. I literally CAN'T BELIEVE how I used to live, when a JW. There is nothing of sufficient value in the whole world that would be tempting enough to get me to swap my life back.

• naazira
    naazira
    Put Jehovah first and become a lawyer.
  • ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS
    Snare&racket there are many older JWs that are barely making it now because of passing on an education thinking service to jehovah was all they needed, they are hoping the end comes soon before they hit retirement... SMH!
  • Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

GO TO COLLEGE!!! This cannot be taken away by a simple announcement from the platform! 

GO TO COLLEGE

GO TO COLLEGE

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

That screenshot is so phony, it's laughable. It's clear that WT has no idea how scholarships work or what the paperwork involved should look like.

Art Department: Duh, let's just print "College Scholarship" on a blank piece of paper and put it in an ordinary envelope.

GB: It looks so real! The pioneer application looks so inviting!

For me, choosing the school and major was priority over any scholarships that came into the mix.

To make the picture more realistic, instead of putting the corny "scholarship" in there, they should have included a printout of something like this:

Or this:

To compare apples to apples, regular pioneering pays NOTHING! ZERO DOLLARS! And if you pioneer for 4 or 5 years, guess what? It still pays nothing! 20 years of regular pioneering and you still earn nothing. You have to have a real job to support the pio habit.

In my personal experience, the 4 or 5 years of university were expensive. But after getting a degree that's in demand, the education pays for itself. In just a few months of working after getting my degree, I'm chipping away at the loans and I'm living better than I ever did as a JW. Now, those years in university don't look expensive at all, it was a valuable investment.

Of course, WT would tell a kid, "money doesn't matter." Poor kids. Because we all know that when it's WT's money, then the corporation's money really matters!

So you JW kids, just remember that when you're slaving for hours every month as a pioneer, still living in your childhood bedroom, working for crap wages at a dead-end job in order to put gas in the tank and buy clothes for the assembly, when the brothers say the circuit has a deficit and new KHs need to be paid for, just remember "money doesn't matter."

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    @ millie210: "My dream was to be an anthropologist."
    If I could redo my life I would have studied to become a paleo-anthropologist. The evolution of humanity fascinates me. Too bad we have evolved into this.
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

I thought the same thing Billy...... Stupid WT writers...

"Oh look, a college Scholarship in an envelope....for me! I wonder where that came from?  Not like I worked for years in order to get it.....hmmm..... Ah well, I'm going to accept this equally worthwhile opportunity to pioneer, demonstrated by this form I just happen to have handy on opening the magical scholarship envelope...."

To get a scholarship offer you not only have to endure a few years of hard book work, but judgmental head shaking in a local cong as you stay in school. Then there is the anti education articles and assembly talks....... Whatever kind of JW gets as far as a scholarship, they ain't likely pioneering!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit