Important

by Shawn 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Why not loan her your copy of Ron Roades "Reasoning . . .With the JW" or you could buy another copy to loan her? That book explains itself and will contrast the Bible view with the JW view.

Also you may be able to find David A Reed's "How to Rescue Your Loved One from the WatchTower" c/r 1989 Baker Book House ISBN - 0-8010-7752-4 in a Christian book store in your city. You may also be able to find more of David A Reed's books at the same store.

You could also print out the info at "Jehovah's Witnesses: A Critical Analysis" mentioned in an above post for her to read. That site also gives an overview of the JW Religion.

NewLight2

• rebel8
  • Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Be careful. If any of this gets back to your vieja, it could really piss her off.

Get her family involved, by all means, but be careful.

Here is what is going to happen here. You are going to scare the crap out of her mother, she is going to freak and unload on her daughter with a full broadside despite all her promises to you. This will reinforce her cult identity because she is being persecuted.

I know, I did the exact thing you are doing, and I am still paying for it.

NEVER CRITICIZE THE ORG TO A DUB!

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Here is another thought as well. YOu are trying to convince her mother that her daughter is joining a mind control cult.

Cults are cults, not because of what they teach, but rather how they behave!

So you are not trying to show her mother that the jw doctrines are wrong, you are trying to show her that they are using mind control techniques to influence her daughter, to shift control from her to the jws. That is what she needs to understand.

Shawn, take a deep breath, slow down. You are making rookie mistakes. You are treading a path that has been blazed by many others. Take your time, learn from the mistakes others have made. Don't do anything else before you get Releasing The Bonds or a similar book.

Are there time pressures here? Is she getting baptized soon?

• Shawn
    Shawn

She has already been batized. The pressure is newly developed. She was invited to a JW only womens retreat next weeked. For 4 days reflecting on the teaching of the WTS. No one will be able to contact her. The thought of that is scary. I am not trying to prove doctrine to her mother. I made that clear in a letter to her that will be included on the CD I give her. I gather documents that were factual nonbiased views on legal cases, false prophecy, theocratic warfare and their unScriptual laws. I told her that if she wants to look into doctrine she needs to get online looks for herself. I expressed my love for her daughter and why I have that love. I also expressed that she needs to talk to me before approaching her daughter so I can show her how to not estrange herself. I never used the word cult or any other "trigger" words. I told her that by reading this info she was both risking her relationship with her daughter in a way and being a good mother at the same time. She will not like the fact that reading some papers could jeprodize her relationship with her daughter. She likes to think she brought her daughter up to be strong and independant. Wel, that may be so but the WTS had a stronger impression.

• Shawn
    Shawn

Sorry, forgot to format.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Ok Shawn,

I hope I am not riding you to hard. I just am trying to help. I think you realize that.

CYP

• Shawn
    Shawn

I understand CYP. I don't want to ruin this. I know I need to be careful. i am trusting in God and her mother on this one today. I have gathered all the info I could that I think could help. Let's just pray her heart and mind are open.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Shawn,

I want nothing more than to free her mind. All my statements of caution are directed at helping you not cause some damage that you will later have to undo. You don't have as much leeway since you are just some guy. My wife has to take me to court to get rid of me!

A much smarter man than me talked about the problem of unknown unknowns. These are things that you dont realize that you don't know. These are tricky because you simply don't realize they exist.

When I read your posts, I get the sense that you have some of these. I do hope you seriously my earlier recommendation to not do anything else until you read Hassan's book.

There are no knock-out punches. The mindset with helping somone leave is Slow-Steady-Deliberate-Relentless.

I guess that is it. I will leave you alone. I hope I am not coming off like a now-it-all jerk. I really am trying to help.

Happy hunting!

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    I stopped quite a few going into it by simply showing them that film

Isn't that the best! I have been an opposer for about 3 months. Already I have bagged one! I caught wind of someone I knew starting a study. I passed on some info by proxy and the study was quickly dropped.

I think I will start notching... something everytime I bag one. Maybe my Bible!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit