In My Opinion...

by OldSoul 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

EvilForce: Those are good points you made earlier. I quit going to meetings myself for some of the same reasons you did; their flip-flop over issues and silly rules they had that were not even scriptural (guys could not have a beard or goatee, or if they did, they could not be used in the cong) and the 1914 chronology being wrong which they conveniently caught that error only after the prophecy they came up with was a failure and many of the ones "used in the cong" didn't practice what they preached so I saw no reason to sacrifice myself to this religion or lifestyle so the reason I left didn't have anything to do with my sexuality but eventually it would have.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

EvilForce, btw, I still have a bunch of bound volumes you are welcome to stored away in one my parent's storage buildings; you are welcome to them if you wanna pay shipping costs, lol

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Thanks Little I just might take you up on your offer.....

I'm figuring which way I might want to go with the book, that might be a new slant or written from a different perspective. I'll keep you updated.

• heathen
    heathen

Good job garybus . How could the WTBTS possibly argue with their own agreement between the FDS and all the great crowd? I bet they never even discuss that anymore . What got me is they were still condemning the beast and exsposing the harlot in the grand climax book which came out in 1988 but then turn around and agree to support the UN charter mandate and play nice with all religionists even partnering with them in 1991. Good grief .

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

OldSoul,

Yes, a clear case of hypocracy, documented in public records, that any JW could find and discuss openly without visiting apostate web sites or taking a theological stand against WT teachings. Yet, they get censored by the WT anyway. Too bad few JW's no about this.

Jst2laws

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Even though it is public record, seems as though most witnesses will not accept the facts.

Case in point; an elder that came to invite me to Memorial this year was shown a copy of the UN press release that clearly indicts the WTBTS in this scandal, read about a paragraph and handed it back saying it was clearly not true. I offered the address of the UN for confirmation. He would hear nothing of it, saying that no worldly source could be trusted.

Have they accomplished the task of getting the blind following the blind, or what?

BTW - somehow that bravery on my part of showing him that against my own better judgement [we are faded without Df'ing so far], has lead to no further investigation yet, and no JC. Don't know how I got away with that one.

Jeff

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Would you like a copy of a letter? I could give you the first response I received. From "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses."

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I"d love a copy... can you email me?

[email protected]

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Sorry, EvilForce. No scanner, as yet. This is a hard copy original.

But anyone could get their own copy just by writing the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. I don't think it was personalized very much. In fact, that might be an excellent way to get the information ball rolling, if everyone wrote a letter requesting more information.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• inquirer
    inquirer

I left because they weren't nice people.

...Maybe I could some of their wrong doings, if they were just nice to everybody and say a prayer to Jehovah saying sorry about everything they've done wrong! And start afresh! :D

The UN thing is a big "ah ma!" (Do kids say "ah ma" in America [meaning they have done something wrong] or is that an Australian expression? I think it might be a Greek/Italian expression not sure...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit