In My Opinion...

by OldSoul 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    frankiespeakin: This is a rather nasty idea but,,, How about writting a letter to the WT about thier envolvement with the UN and then signing it with the name and address of a elder. Then the society will write a letter to that elder explaining their position. That way the elder will at least know that it is true the WT did get envolved with the UN.

I know it is slightly dishonest but think of the impact this would have if many did this???

Well, depending on how the inquiry was worded it could be more or less truthful.

"I have heard reports that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society became an NGO Affiliate associated to the UN/DPI. While I find this hard to believe, nearly impossible, I felt I should check to make sure."

Signed,

Brother Anyelder

• bebu
    bebu
    "I have heard reports that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society became an NGO Affiliate associated to the UN/DPI. While I find this hard to believe, nearly impossible, I felt I should check to make sure."

LOL! Some untheocratic warfare, perhaps. If others do this, we should make the letters unique, not like copies.

I could really consider doing something like this. I have never attended a KH, but I know the name of at least one elder in my JW neighbor's congregation...

Question: how would an elder address the WTS? How would he sign it? I imagine there are certain styles used, and if I did this I would want this to appear authentic...

bwahahahahaaa

bebu

true-nature-leaking-out class

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

that was one of the things my friend first told me about that got me questioing the 'truth!' told my family< very promininent members, who just said there was no way that could possibly be true and so i never looked into it< where can u find it out?

• luna2
    luna2

What upsets me most right now is that when a friend of mine told me about this quite some time ago, while I didn't even question that it was true, I had to fight down the conditioning to make excuses for the WTS.

Seems like I still have a ways to go to get rid of all the brainwashing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit