Body of Elders

aka:

Bunch of Eunichs

Barely of Enlightenment

Bitchy Old Errants

Blathering On Ediots..... LOL

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

BRYAN, I THINK I SAW YOU MOTHER! SHE WAS AT OUR HALL SUNDAY.

OUTASERVICE

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

itsallgoodnow

if your parents ever quit, take pictures!! you're gorgeous!! im alot like you i fade ever so slowly. i turn in 2 or 4 hours per month(i rotate) just to keep elders off my back!! i comment once every lesson, and give every other assigned talk(i get sick alot. hee hee hee!) it keeps the family happy, but no elder asks me to do more cause i dont do enough!

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    Never considering for a second that I am happier, healthier and following my own will for a change.

Sometimes actions speak louder than words ever will.

Find a new hobby. Take a class. Join a gym. Join a men's sports group. Remodel you house...!!!

Being noticably happier and healthier will confuse them.

Outside friends will be invaluable.

I did a slow fade while in a state of numbness and maybe confusion. Don't remember what specifically was my last straw. I wish I was more deliberate in my fade but I was disillusioned and felt guilty for 10 years for leaving Jehovah. To do over again, if I could, I would have absolutely gotten on with my life and things that I had always wanted to learn and do but was waiting for the New System.

Best wishes for family peace.

-Aude.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Bonnzo,

It's funny but I have lowered my monthly time little by little for the last two years. I'll turn in 3 hours one month and 6 the next. I try to stay over 5 hours on average to remain off the under 5 hour publisher list. It's not an official list, but many halls keep them in order to help the weaker ones.

Audere,

Yes, I've started a hobby and my family has seen that I am happiest when I'm allowed to do my own thing without WT guilt.

• Shania
    Shania

I feel I must speak in behave of the Listener and DMP's wives. Being an elders wife is a very important role in the congregation we work hard to help our elder husbands. And please I speak from experience here: when we are with the friends after you guys step down, guess who gets all the questions when we are alone? US!!! we are just as confused as everyone else, but still want to protect our husbands privacy, so I would say he needs a rest, health problems, worldly family obligations, then his work. It is very hard for us wives because we are the ones looked at with pity like our husband are involved with "WRONGDOING" and we just don't know it. So please my friends realize your wives are going through alot and might need some happy pills to get them through it.................eventually I saw what my hubby saw it took a couple of years, but he never made me feel bad, he knew it would take time, though I do not have that inner peace we all seek..............

• TheListener
    TheListener

Shania,

You are right on. My wife has mentioned that before when I first began to slow down. I do feel bad for her because she is the one who gets the questions and is torn between revealing my confidential matters to those who could help me and saying nothing and feeling responsible for my downfall. I do not envy her anymore than I envy myself.

• Shania
    Shania

Just take it slow for her sake. It takes time for us wives to accept you guys not wanting to be elders anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit