My Mom is so upset she is skipping meetings!

by Quotes 34 Replies latest jw friends

• melmac
    melmac

Congrats, Quotes.

Now I wonder... Your website is still up... your mum is starting to see the truth about the troof... how much longer until Jehover sends fire from the sky and kills you for being such a successful apostate? (LOL... just kidding, of course... but Jehover used to be so touchy in the OT).

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Quotes, of the "I planted, Apollos watered, but WT made it grow... through their own stupid behavior" class

damn you....i wanted to come up with that one

would like to know more about assembly hall renaming

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I agree, your mom is definately thinking for herself! Awesome! I can tell she's sincere and is seeing through their b.s.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

That is too cute!! Your mom writing down in the calendar whenever Bro K said the prayer!! LOL

Looks like the rose coloured glasses may be coming off.

BB

• blondie
    blondie

Well, Quotes, I'm glad she is seeing things for herself. That is the only way I think any impact is made on JWs.

Blondie

• starfish422
    starfish422

Oh..my...gosh!!!!! Quotes (I'm so excited I actually started typing your real name there), I am jumping up and down!! My mind is reeling with the possibilities this could open up. :) Can I say, as well, my old congregation is Quotes' parents' congregation and I know who Elder K is; the Napoleonic complex comment is making me ROFL! Stature-wise, at least, it's very appropriate!! LMAO

• Quotes
    Quotes

Hey Starfish! I figured you'd know who it was!

Don't pop the champagne just yet, but lets keep our fingers crossed.

~Quotes, of the "Exile on Elba" class

• Quotes
    Quotes

IT: the file is all there; I just checked now.

What viewer are you viewing the file with? Are you viewing it inline (not recommend, I don't think any browswers can properly handle multi-page TIFF), or saving in local and then launching another application (preferred method).

At any rate, if you are having problems, others likely are having even more probs. I will look at either splitting the file or making it a PDF instead.

Thanks for the heads up.

~Quotes, of the "TIFF" class

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think this is the place in Florida you are looking for.

For many CWF diehards in the 1970s, Monday nights meant a trip on I-95 to West Palm Beach, and the WPB Auditorium. The venue was designed and built by local developer Louis R. Perini, whose father is widely considered one of the most influential businessmen in West Palm Beach history. The Perini family began purchasing swampland in the 1950s around what is now known as Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard, continuing until the early 1970s when their developments accounted for a third of the city's total area. Opening on Labor Day weekend in 1967 with performances by Lefty Frizzell, Shep Wooley, and Johnny Desmond, the Auditorium was Affectionately dubbed the "leaky teepee," a tag it would carry for over thirty years because of faulty roofing materials.

Cowboy Luttrall moved his cards from the West Palm Beach Polo Grounds, which had been a CWF staple for many years, to the Auditorium in the early 1970s. With its easy proximity to both I-95 and the Florida Turnpike, attendance increased immediately. For the next seventeen years, every major star that passed through the Sunshine State wrestled in the building, the same building that saw Elvis Presley, the Supremes, James Brown, and Liberace. By June of 1998, the West Palm Beach Auditorium, like so many other entertainment venues of the 1960s, had become outdated, and the city, losing a million dollars a year in operating costs, decided it wasn't worth keeping. The Auditorium, as well as the adjoining Municipal Stadium were sold to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Florida, Inc., the corporate arm of the Jehovah's Witnesses for $12.5 million. The name was immediately changed to the West Palm Beach Christian Convention Center, and extensive work was done to the interior, as well as a complete overhaul of the air-conditioning system. The roof, long a problem for many who attended events at the building, was repaired, and the "leaky teepee" was no more.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think the names of the Assembly Halls are being changed to Christian Convention Centers.

I have a friend that lives down there and that is what she relayed to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit