short introduction

by expendable_mia 20 Replies latest jw friends

• expendable_mia
    expendable_mia

Thank you all. :)
    I'm sure I'll have a good time and learn a lot here.

Mia

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hi Mia,

Take a look at this site for some stories about JW experiences. Interesting reading.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/217065

PS-You are right about the JW doctrines changing over time. That occurs in other religions, too, as they are part of changing cultures. The reason JW doctrines changing is problematic is because they have always claimed to be God's one and only true religion, being directed directly from God Himself. They also claim that God's view of time is different than humans--decades in human terms is but a blink of an eye for God. Why would God Himself change doctrines and goals in the blink of an eye? He wouldn't.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Mia-not-expendable! I did not get through the entire Required brochure with my patient JW study. I had too many questions. I do read the bible regularly, though, without any assistance from the Watchtower materials. Personally, I find that much more satisfying.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Greetings, Mia

I look forward to seeing you around!

Another site you might benefit from is http://www.freeminds.org/

~Merry

• expendable_mia
    expendable_mia

Thank for the links. My apologies for the name... something I'd created elsewhere several months ago and it just kind of stuck.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome to the forum Exp_Mia! I look forward to your questions and comments. I'd love to hear about what happens when you ask good solid questions of your study conductors.

Please buy your husband a beer (if he drinks) for me.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Welcome, Mia.

Jeannie

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Welcome Mia!

I won't use the "expendable" part of your name because it's... well... expendable! No one is expendable. Hope you find your stay here pleasant and and enlightening!

CG

• lilbit
    lilbit

Welcome Mia Looking forward to getting to know ya

Lil

• Es
    Es

welcome mia :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit