short introduction

by expendable_mia 20 Replies latest jw friends

• expendable_mia
    expendable_mia

I noticed that everytime I did a search for JW info (various topics) this site has always come up. So after lurking and reading for 6+ months, I've decided to actually sign up and maybe even post from time to time. I'm Mia, stubborn study of a very patient JW girl, wife of an anti-JW man and mother of 2 young children. Despite having only read the Require brochure and most of the Knowledge book during my studies, I've somehow (obsession) acquired quite a few JW books (new and old) and I think that's where a lot of my confusion comes... things seem to have changed over the years. From time to time I have questions regarding the things I read in the WT publications and I hope I'll be able to find some answers (or at least very good opinions) here. =) Mia

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

opinions you will find....answers are optional...so welcome

• kls
    kls

Hi Mia and welcome. Glad you decided to take the plunge and join us and there are many wise folks here to help answer you're questions.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Good luck in your exploration. I grew up JW, and now have absolutely no love of their lies and brainwashing. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't explore things for yourself. You will find that they contradict themselves all the time from their older publications to their newer ones. Apparently God can't make up his mind.

Dustin

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hi Mia,

Welcome to the forum. Most folks here are very knowledgable about JW teachings past and present, and so can help you with research.

Have you seen the Watchtower quotes site? It isn't run by the Watchtower, but it is made up of quotes from the Watchtower publications to show what they believed, when it changed, and to highlight some of their more obscure beliefs that even most Witnesses are not themselves aware of. You can find it at http://quotes.watchtower.ca

And you are most certainly not "expendable"!

Dave

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome to this most colorful neighborhood!

DY

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome Mia.. we don't think you are expendable.

GBL

• clementine
    clementine

welcome to the board Mia!!! :-))

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Welcome to JWD, Mia. I hope you enjoy it here.

• love11
    love11

Hi Mia- Right on GBL! Look forward to hearing from you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit