Bullies

by Nancy Drake 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I *HATE* bullies.

I'll go get a bat and when I'm done with the little brat I guarantee you he will NEVER bully another person again.

• Shania
    Shania

Would it be possible to call the police to put a "LOT OF SCARE IN HIM". Or if you personally knew a police officer as a friend and he could come over and put a little respectful fear into this bully? You know not only for you sons sake but also for future kids from being bullied by him. Just a thought.

• kls
    kls

Dealt with many as my kids were growing and my way of dealing with these certain kids was to talk nice at first , then if they didn't get the message the first time i told them that they had better watch out for me because i would make their life a living hell. Many times it worked but there were a few that i had actually grabed by their shirt and stared them down. Many times i talked to the parents who just didn't give a damn so i took care of it myself. My kids are all grown now so this was a while ago and it is a no, no to touch other kids by a parent now days but i would do it all over again if i had to.

Sorry for the kids having to go through this because it is hard enough being a kid then having these bullies making it worse.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Nancy

Do you want me to talk to him? You know me. I promise I will have five minutes with him and his parents will move!

Brooke

• Scully
    Scully

There's an excellent book by Barbara Coloroso called "The Bully, the Bullied and the Bystander". There are also a lot of schools who are willing to participate in creating a bully-free environment for the children.

This topic has come up a few times before, so I'll see if I can find the links and post them here.

Cheers, Scully

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Beachbender - your experience is dreadful. I feel so sorry for your son! I used to get bullied but I'd generally just offer a weak superior smile and shake my head slowly as if I could not believe I had to share the planet with such morons and go back to whatever I was doing. I learnt that look off my Dad - hehe - the expression he would use on the doors or to bible studies who were asking tricky questions!

• Preston
    Preston

Give me the parents' number Nancy...

- Preston

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Every see that movie "My Bodyguard"?

A boy being bullied hires a tough guy to protect him.

Got $10?

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Sit down with your son and pray for guidance.

Then with the help of your WT library look up some of modern day examples of full-time pioneer witnesses who had similar problems.

Afterwards, ask the local BOE for suggestions.

Next, go out in field service and then to all of your local KH meetings.

This should work!

If it doesn't then you and your son are demonized and should be disfellowshipped.

Have a wonderful day!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    Next, go out in field service and then to all of your local KH meetings.

Yeah - get your son dressed up and work the street the boy lives on. Tell your son if he doesn't he's not going to be in teh new system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit