Does anyone know somebody in WT writing department?

by cyborgVision 16 Replies latest jw friends

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

I wonder what the profiles of these people are.
    The fact is that every sentence they write is taken by over 6 000 000 people almost as a word of god. (in fact most of us here, I would imagine, at one time or another felt the same)
    Hence I think it is good to really know who those people are. How well educated they are, and does any of them have any postgraduate degree (preferably PhD)? reason why is because such a program would put them through a rigorous research schooling.

Their line of reasoning, illustrations, analogies, arguments and supporting evidence have, apparently, infiltrated very soles of great number of people, so I believe it is in place to know who the members of writing department are and how their personalities influenced our own..

It is well known fact that writers in general express their very soul through words they write, and more you read certain writer more you start thinking like him/her.

For me personally all the secrecy surrounding that department just doesn't stack up as any bible based stance for the simple fact that we know names of almost every single writer that wrote the bible. Still that doesn't detract most faithful to take it as a word of god. Why, is then this atmosphere of secrecy? Which in all honesty only adds a dose of mysticism. Several times I've hard arguments that would go something like this: "actually angels are coming to Brooklyn to instruct writers of Watchtower what to put in" Fact is, many elders never discourage such dangerous thinking.

In fact, I remember vividly at one of my last CA speaker made fun out of people who thought they could understand bible without WT. IT almost sounded like (at least to me) that WT is at the same level if not above the bible itself.

On the other hand I do remember many articles that I liked at a time (whether they were well researched or not I did love them, perhaps these ones were written by people such as Barbara Anderson that later left - evil laugh).

But seriously, I think it is of vital importance to know the profile of people influencing so many lives.

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

I have a relative that has been there since 1960. The last time I was there was in the mid 70s and at that time he was proof-reading. Absolutely no clue what he does nowadays as he is the one relative that I avoid whenever he is in town. I know he works in the writing dept, but thats it. The last I spoke to him was about 12yrs ago.

Education....nope. He went there as soon as he turned 19. High school diploma is all. I know that he was friends with Freddie, Ray, Ed, etc... always telling stories....gag! He was a real a** kisser type. To be honest, I always thought he was an undercover gay.

I was never impressed, but when he was in town everyone would flock to him like he was something special. It was always some sort of big event with everyone trying to rub elbows with him. I never understood it....I always thought he was a flake.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

After an International Assembly back about 1985/86, I met someone from the Writing Department. It was a disappointment, to say the least! This person (who shall remain anonymous) remains to this day one of the most arrogant so-and-sos that I have ever met. I doubt if his education was to any great degree, but talk about a mouth full of razor blades!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I DO, I DO:

Stevie Satun

Bill Beelzedub

Danny Dimon

and yours truly,

Theo Jarazc

• blondie
    blondie

I don't know him personally but I have been told that Harry Peloyan is (or was) the editor-in-chief of the Awake.

If you put his name in Google, you find many interesting hits.

Blondie

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Nick or Dick, Abrahamson is one.

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/writing_dept.htm

WRITING DEPT. & OTHER PERSONNEL
    at Watchtower Headquarters as of 8/15/00

(Does not include many support persons)
    John (Jack) Barr: Writing Dept. Overseer
    Karl Klein: Assistant Writing Dept. Overseer
    John Wischuck
    Sam Buck
    Colin Quackenbush
    Cyril Chain
    Gene Smalley
    Eric Beveridge
    Joe Eames
    Bob Pevy
    David Iannelli
    Lee Waters
    Manfred Vancebi
    Jim Pellechia
    Danny Black
    Natheer Salih
    George Aljian
    Steve Johnson
    Mike Gietler
    John Wiegel
    Dean Songer
    Ciro Aulicino
    Richard Potter

Writing Correspondence Personnel, Patterson, NY (Incomplete)
    Ray Richardson
    Jagdish Patel
    J. R. Brown

Executive Office Personnel, Brooklyn, NY

Theodore Jaracz
    Milton Henschell
    Gerrit Losch
    Albert Schroeder
    David Sinclair
    Robert Wallen
    Don Adams
    David Mercante
    Harold Jackson
    Rick Rittenbach
    Brett Cox
    Chris. Mavor
    Charles Molohan

Service Department Personnel, Patterson, NY

Charles Woody: Coordinator
    Wm. Van De Wall: Asst. Coordinator
    William Young
    Merton Campbell
    Robert Johnson
    Joel Adams
    Harley Miller
    David Olson
    Leon Weaver
    Dan Barnes
    Alan Shuster
    Ralph Schaefer
    Ernest Williams
    Tom Miles
    Aleman Francisco

Legal Department Personnel, Patterson, NY (Incomplete)

Philip Brumley: Coordinator
    Gregory Olds
    Don Ridley
    Carolyn Wah
    Charles Creger
    Joseph Jandrokovic

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

That's great thanx Blondie. But what do we know about these people??

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

I know each one of them personally. And that list is really out-of-date. The most recent re-org has really shuffled things up a bit.

However, keep in mind that they are just the HQ staff.

Each (major) branch has a writing department since the mid-90s. This was to allow the magazines to have an international flavor. You usually get an idea of an articles origin by its cultural flavor. Nonetheless, everything is still approved or rejected by Brooklyn.

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

Thanx ljwtiamb, that's already something. Looking at the corss section of NY Bethel and writing dept. in particular what would you say about general level of education these people have?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit