control

by John Doe 35 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Oops, cut the last part of the last post off.

Forums don't bother me. No one here knows me, and they can't legitamately make judments on someone they don't know. :-) I meant no insult with my posts--I was merely trying to give a different perspective. At any rate, I wish all of you well.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well keep working on the Spanish...but a word of warning... the meds you may be taking may take a little time to get used to with your short term memory. This may make Spanish a little more difficult...so don't think you are "going crazy" if that happens. It's a small ratio of side effects so you may not notice...but just in case :)

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yeah, I'm apprehensive about them (and any medications for that matter). I have my doubts as to their effectiveness, and I strongly suspect they're mostly placebo pills. Double blind studies say otherwise, but I'm always curious who funded these studies. BTW, they're Welbutrin xl. I'm concerned with interactions with other medications also. I'm on two humulin insulins--r & n, synthroid 100 mcg, zestoretic 20/12.5 mg, and Diovan 160 mg. As you can see, I'm one screwed up mother. lol I should've been dead a long time ago.

• JW83
    JW83

EvilForce, thanks for sharing your story - it was very moving & you have it all spot on.

JohnDoe, this board is pretty much the only place that most of us can really talk about our complicated feelings about the JWs. Some things do suck. You have never been shunned by family members or people you considered close friends, and I find it a little patronising for you to say 'move on'. That is what this site is all about - sharing our stories, purging the bad stuff, so that we can move on. A lot of us are very happy in our everyday lives, but still have sadnesses about various aspects of the 'troof'. So any thread telling everyone to 'lighten up' misses the point of the whole board, I think. As EvilForce said, one day you may appreciate the unique crowd we have here, who have been through many similiar experiences. If you don't need this site, don't use it! It's simple! But welcome anyway!!

• John Doe
    John Doe
    You have never been shunned by family members or people you considered close friends,

Again, I have lost much family, and am now an outsider. If you've not read my posts, I request that you not comment, simple as that. And thanks for having me. :-) lol

• JW83
    JW83

JD, I did read your posts - forgive me if I missed something, they were pretty long!

You said that you have never been disfellowshipped, & that when your mum died everyone rallied round. Doesn't much sound like shunning to me ...

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

So I assume that the insulin and hormones are for your diabetes and thyroid issues repectively. Also, I assume the Diovan and Zestoretic are for high blood pressure? Or are they for something else? You can send me an email if you don't want to divulge any addl. details. But with Wellbutrin I can assure you these are not placebo's given your health history unless you are in some university study...but given your history you shouldn't be in a case study. Given your age and medications for assumably high blood pressure give me pause. Do you experience migranes or headaches?

SSRI's are very effective drugs at treating depression and will take 2 to 4 weeks for you to really feel the results so please stay with the program and OVERCOMMUNICATE with your doctor. Your brain is a mass of electrical and chemical reactions so please don't dismiss any side effect or feeling you may have and discuss ad nausem with your doctor.

Let me know if I can help :)

• JW83
    JW83

My other point would be that as someone who has been on both sides of the fence, as a shunner & a shunnee, I am within my rights to be angry that friends of mine, who I know don't even believe in it 100%, will shun me, their former good friend, just to keep themselves out of trouble ...

I was raised as a Witness, I never chose of my own adult free will to follow JWs. Yes, I was baptized at 14 & believed in it until 24, but what do you expect when every day I was preached to at the cong & at home, and not allowed to have other friends???

And request away - I am no longer a subservient sister ...

• evita
    evita

Hi JD

You have had some very difficult situations to cope with and I understand you would like to move on with your life with a minimum of negative feelings and recriminations. I also felt like that for many years. Hey, live and let live, right? It was only when my depression and feelings of inadequacy refused to budge that I had to come to terms with my anger towards the JW and my painful feelings. Sometimes anger can be a useful emotion because it tells us that something is wrong. When we can release our true feelings, and accept ourselves, the good, the bad, and the ugly, we can begin to heal. Or so I hope...
    Sorry to sound New Agey. I recognize your stress is overwhelming but your will to be healthy is strong. Good luck with everything.
    Evi

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Hey JD,

Feeling any better today?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit