Girl Scout cookies

by Shawn 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I always enjoyed sitting next to a family from our congregation who would bring boxes of them to the conventions and would share with all the people around them...the peanut butter ones always went first!

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"the peanut butter ones always went first!"

Peanut Butter Patties? Or the peanut butter sandwiches? My fav are the Caramel Delights ... also known as Samoas ... all that coconut & caramel on the cookie.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    Cause they are demon cookies....

There was a couple of urban myth Jo Ho stories floating around when I was a teenager that boxes of cookies were possessed by demunz.

Is there anything that is not controlled by demons.....

• lilbit
    lilbit

I always bought them no one ever told me not to

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Yes, Please! I will take 6 boxes of Thin Mints...

• rebel8
    rebel8

I was taught as a child that buying those cookies weren't allowed because Girl Scouts promote patriotism and religious tolerance. (I had been a Brownie and we used to make flag posters.) That was so many years ago though--I don't know if they've changed their rules.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The fanatical kind of JWs don't buy anything that's sponsored or that benefits another religioius organization.

The relaxed kind of JWs will buy anything they want as long as they can afford it, regardless of who sponsors it or what organization it benefits.

I know many, even elders' wives, that frequent Salvation Army stores and that shop even yard sales sponsored and in other churches' property. No big deal!

It all depends what type of JW you are. This JW typing these words bought Girl Scout cookies to her heart's content this year, and they tasted soooooooooooo gooooooooooood!!!!!!!!

DY

• Balsam
    Balsam

Shoot, I was a JW for 30 years and bought girl scout cookies anytime I felt like it. Never had anyone ever tell me I shouldn't . I didn't buy cakes though if Churches were selling them on the down town sidewalks. Silly now looking back on it to even give it a thought.

• beebee
    beebee

mmmmmm...... let's hear it for demon cookies!!!!

Yum!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Peanut Butter Sandwiches!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit