I was df in 1993...

by love11 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greendawn
    greendawn

Garybuss "All blood fractions are allowed without shunning" does that mean that those having transfusions are no longer disfellowshipped?

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    I hope soon so that we can have more friends to post with.

More 'n' more every day...!!

Welcome to JWD.

-Aude.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Bonnzo,

Thanks for the clarification. I'll re read the 1995 articles about the sheep and the great crowd and see what I missed. If you have access to the latest Watchtower article that clarifies your point about resurrected people being of the sheep/great crowd class I'd appreciate the reference.

By sacred texts, I mean I have read the Whole NIV Bible (more than once), all of the Hebrew Bible called the Tanakh as well as various Greek (Christian) Bibles in at least 9 versions. I have read the Koran, the Book Of The Dead, The Book Of Mormon, the works of William Miller, Ellen G White, Mary Baker Eddy, Charles Russell, Joseph Rutherford, Nathan Knorr Fred Franz. . . . lots more.

My favorite critical works are The Age Of Reason by Thomas Paine, the article in Encyclopedia Britannica called "The Bible", and the works of Karen Armstrong.

You didn't piss me off at all. I enjoy it when people make me think. Thanks! Please keep it up.

• garybuss
    garybuss

As of 2000, Witnesses can take all fractions of all sizes from all components of blood.

Follow the links at http://www.ajwrb.org/

Last summer the 2000 article was reprinted in the June 15, 2004 Watchtower and studied. Whole blood is still not allowed unless it has been harvested by a cell saver scavenger devise in the context of a hospital surgery room.

There were several long threads here on the subject. Maybe somebody can post the links.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I believe the current standing of the WTS is you can have much, if not all the different parts of the blood, but not all of it together, as in pure blood.

Kind of like being told you can have the bread, mayo, roast beef, tomato, all seperate, but you cannot put them together in a sandwhich form.

• love11
    love11

free- I heard that they will except the powder form of blood but not the liquid. But they end up making the powdre into liquid blood anyways so that sounds like double talk. It's like saying you can't have cows milk because cows are holy to god, but you can have powdered milk!

gonnzo bonnzo- sorry I got your name wrong, I thought you were another jw trying to act like that wasn't true what is really going on.

rev 7:14 says the great crowd "comes out of" the great trib. not "lives" through. according to wts, this means those who live though and those who are resurrected.
    Honestly this means nothing to me because I don't believe in the bible stories/ resurrection/ great crowd at all. But what is upsetting is that they do all of this work, work, work, and they still are not guaranteed a spot in the afterlife. This was not the case when I was growing up, the sisters/brothers were very haughty when it came to their beliefs that they were in the great crowd. Still this point is small potatoes compared to seperating from the publishing co. For me, this was all too much of a shock. Especially when one of my friends died at 15 years old from not taking blood/ fragments and everyone thought she was a martyr. Now I find out that she could have lived if it was left up to her conscience. They are horrible, horrible people that play on peoples need for spirituality. They slap all of these ridiculous rules on their contributors so that people feel like they are obeying god so therefore they must be blessed by god. Shame on them! Maybe gary didn't get word for word right due to the length of his absence from that evil company but at least he stands for something good now. I hope you can now understand where I am coming from and realize that I am not a bad person, but rather, someone that is appalled that an organization with this much authority is this irresponsible. There are better ways to make money in this world than to toy with peoples lives!
  • bonnzo
    bonnzo

love11

no problem, i am a jw, but i see the light. you know what i mean!! it keeps getting brighter!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Bonnzo, I found this quote from the Watchtower magazine. It seems to say the "great crowd" are living members surviving Armageddon. What do you think of it?

*** w95 1/1 p. 4 Keep Integrity and Live! ***
    Not only did Jesus? integrity give a complete answer to Satan?s challenge but the sacrifice of his perfect human life provided the ransom, on the basis of which integrity-keeping humans may gain everlasting life. (Matthew 20:28) First, Jesus gathers an anointed ?little flock? who become joint heirs with him in the Kingdom of the heavens. (Luke 12:32) After this, ?a great crowd? are gathered to survive ?the great tribulation,? coming out of it to inherit everlasting life in the realm of God?s Kingdom on earth.Revelation 7:9, 14-17.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Another quote ties the great crowd to the soon to be changed sheep doctrine.

*** w95 1/1 pp. 11-16 The Integrity-Keeping Nation ***

5 In 1919, when the modern-day witness to God?s Kingdom got under way, the Bible Students, as Jehovah's Witnesses were then called, were few in number but strong in faith. They became foundation members of 'a strong city, with salvation set for walls and rampart.' Their trust was in "Jah Jehovah [who] is the Rock of times indefinite." (Isaiah 26:1, 3, 4) Like Moses of old, they proclaimed: "I shall declare the name of Jehovah. Do you attribute greatness to our God! The Rock, perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; righteous and upright is he." Deuteronomy 32:3, 4.

6 Since then, the gates of God?s Kingdom arrangement have remained wide open as first the remaining ones of the 144,000 anointed Christians were gathered and now a great crowd of "other sheep" are joining in the declaring of Jehovah?s Kingdom purposes. (John 10:16) Thus, it can be announced joyfully: "You have added to the nation; O Jehovah, you have added to the nation; you have glorified yourself. You have extended afar all the borders of the land." (Isaiah 26:15) As we survey the world field today, we see how true those words are! By power of holy spirit, the witness to Christ's incoming Kingdom has been given ?to the most distant part of the earth." (Acts 1:8) The extent of that expansion may be gauged from the 1994 Service Year Report of Jehovah?s Witnesses Worldwide, appearing on pages 12 to 15.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit