I was df in 1993...

by love11 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• love11
    love11
    and no command to do the door to door preaching work.

Are you serious?

I'm about to hyperventilate... I can't believe I was made to go door to door as a little girl and if I didn't enjoy it, I was told that God would punish me and that all of the doors I missed might have people dying at Armaggedon and their blood would be on my shoulders. How horrible! I can't believe this!....

I always knew that they were messed up, but I have been completly cut off from the entire jw organization for 10 years! This is all new to me...I'm going to sleep on this. Wow!

• garybuss
    garybuss

It's convenient for a business to operate like a business and that's all the Watch Tower Corporation has done.

In 1957, the year I was baptized, they had 658 thousand active members. Now they say they disfellowship over 60 thousand a year. In just 10 years they have kicked out a number of Witnesses that represents 100% of their 1957 membership. To me, this is simply incredible behavior for a religion.

One percent turnover is normal for some businesses though. For the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation the 1% does not account for the walkaways and the sit-down strikers but they don't seem to care. People are cheap. The ones in charge of the corporations don't do the recruiting.

If I take 20 or 30 years, the number of people like me the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation has offended is a formidable force and the Internet has given us a rather loud voice. Their answer to us is more rigidity.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

"great crowd not identified until 1914"? "no command to preach"? whoever you are, you are really misinformed. neither of those statements are true. i don't believe everything i see or hear from the so-called fts, but i've never heard those statements and im still a regular meeting attender(although i do sleep alot)

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

Actually the concept of the sheep and goats being separated since 1914 was thrown in the trash can in 1995, (only a year after the groundbreaking 'new light' on the 'this generation' understanding). One could be forgiven that the institutional prophets at the headquarters were finally started to make some sense. But, alas, sadly we must remind ourselves that while the Society finally admitted the JW preaching is not accomplishing the separation of the sheep and the goats yet (a future event), the still hold that the harvest of the wheat from the weeds started in 1919. Spot the huge contradiction!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Bonnzo,

Please straighten me out. The sheep and the great crowd have been linked as one and the same group by the Witness people. Is that correct? In 1995 the Witness writers printed that the sheep are not identified until after Armageddon starts. Is that right?

Doesn't that mean the great crowd that survives Armageddon can not be identified now? If Armageddon does not come for 200 more years, the group of people alive today could not, by definition, possibly be "the great crowd" that "lives" through Armageddon. Am I correct?

I have read all the sacred texts several times. Which text directs those who Jesus is NOT talking to to preach? The Witness people who are not anointed are NOT saved, NOT a part of the new covenant, and Jesus is NOT their mediator, and by Watchtower writings, NOT classified. The Watch Tower Publishing Corporation directs the unsaved to preach, but which Biblical verse that applies to the unsaved Witness people directs the non-anointed to preach?

• love11
    love11

Gary- I believe you man.

Unless gonnzo would like to prove otherwise!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Gary's analysis is logical and correct, cept, the UUs are still out hawking magazines and cheap books looking for new sales staff recruits.

carmel

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yeah, just when you think you have been sorted into the goat class, you find out they no longer believe they are doing the sorting work! Now I have no idea how long its gonna take before I can tell everyone I'm a goat, geesh.

• love11
    love11

Hey, thanks everybody for your posts. I wonder what "new light" is coming next. I hope soon so that we can have more friends to post with.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

hi garybuss

just got back to the forum. you made some valid points, some i had never thought of. however, rev 7:14 says the great crowd "comes out of" the great trib. not "lives" through. according to wts, this means those who live though and those who are resurrected. this is what you will still hear at any meeting today. im NOT saying this is correct, nor am i saying you are necessarily wrong. this is what a new student will be taught.

still not sure what "sacred texts" you are talking about(bible or wt pubs.). true, the sheep/goat separating idea has changed, but every witness or prospective witness is expected to preach/sell books whether they are annointed or not. believe me, i wish it were the annointed only. im tired of hearing that i dont do it enough.

i replied only because love11 seemed to think that jws are not told to go door to door anymore. unfortunately, we are.

thanx for the input. hope i didnt piss you off

by the way love11, its Bonnzo, not Gonnzo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit