famous Jw

by freakshow 65 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Hey Slayer, I thought I recognized you on a couple of Scooby doo shows.
    That Scooby is a great actor.

Do you think you could get his autograph for me?

Dave

• blondie
    blondie

This is what the Encyclopedia Americana says:

He and Ida moved steadily toward a more primitive Christianity, eventually joining the Jehovah's Witnesses. None of their sons became notably devout--Dwight never joined a church and rarely attended a church service in his adult life--but none staged a dramatic rebellion against religion either. At the core of his parents' religion was an ingrained respect for the individual as a creature of God who had free will. They insisted that their boys be fully exposed to Christianity, but beyond that they did not impose their beliefs. The Eisenhowers also encouraged their children to be independent and self-reliant.

Also, it was not the custom of JWs then to have formal bible studies with their children. I doubt if they even went to meetings. Certainly, when he went to West Point there was no doubt where his goals lay...

• Englishman
    Englishman

2 footballers, Peter Knowles (Wolverhampton Wanderers) & brother of Cyril Knowles (Middlesborough and subject of famous song, Nice one, Cyril) and Bobby Tambling, Chelsea.

Also, this fella: Don Rendell … a saxophonist who for a long time has been one of the most admired of British artists. He has played with Dankworth, Heath, Kenton, Woody Herman etc.,

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Also, form the 70's - the chick that played "Get Christy Love"

--Michael

• jezebel influence
    jezebel influence

If it was true that Bono was studying
    Guess he still hasnt found what hes looking for..

• Okidok
    Okidok

Cliff Richards mom and sister are witness

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
    Woody Allen

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Don't recall the first name, but the original Northrup of the large seed company, recently known as Northrup-King, was a contributor/supporter of WBTS in early 1900s.

US Army Brigadier General William P. Hall was a corporate officer of one of the 3 early corps (probably IBSA) while he served at Army headquarters in Washington DC. This was sometime around 1910-15.

Pres. Ike's parents were active Bible Students at the time Ike entered West Point around 1911. His mother wasn't happy about such, but his father evidently supported Ike's decision. This would be consistent with Hall's position in the Society at that time.

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Sorry, had not read "Blondies" post before I posted above.

Ike's parents held the local BS meetings in their home for about 10 years, which meant that Ike attended such prior to entering West Point.

• blondie
    blondie

Margaret Keane--artist (children with large eyes--sad before baptism, happier afterwards).

http://besmirched.tripod.com/margaret.html

• soylibre
    soylibre

The lady who played Christy Love...in the 70's
    Billy Dee Williams' sister
    LaToya Jackson df'd
    Rebbie Jackson
    everyone else mentioned the others...oh...I think a guy named Richard "Dimples" Fields...a singer....
    Larry Grahm is the one who studied with his "Purple Majesty" Prince...freaks everywhere are mourning his downfall..
    I think George Benson is "in" at the moment, but not sure...
    Michael Jackson will probably never return....but isn't it interesting that the Society will still accept his donations???? By the way MJ is the reason I started studying at 15!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit