Wrong date

by tattoogrl333 44 Replies latest jw friends

• tattoogrl333
    tattoogrl333

Hello I'm new to the whole JW study thing, but they said it fell in 607 but due to the advice of others here I looked it up. I found in 3 encyclopedia's online that it fell in 586. I printed them out and am going to get more. I'm going to show the lady I study with, I'm just curious what you think will happen, and if she will try to deny it.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Tattoogrl333,

You better do more research than that.

• Ustabee
    Ustabee

She will deny it and try to get you off the subject. Keep researching, though. Try the book, 'Gentile Times Reconsidered' available from commentarypress.org. The 1914 date is exposed by all competent authority as bogus. That's a big pill for a JW to swallow.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Ustabee,

That book by Jonsson is full of crap. That is a big dump for a fool to flush.

• tattoogrl333
    tattoogrl333

thanks fred your very helpful.............

Do the people in the org know the date is wrong?

• Ustabee
    Ustabee

Why Fred:

I thought you didn't want to follow me on the board! How nice to hear from you again! ;)

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

tattoogrl333,

Yes we do know that 586 BCE is wrong.

• tattoogrl333
    tattoogrl333

well then why doesn't everyone just admit it and change it in the books? I'm probably being naive but what would the ramifications be if they admitted they were wrong

• Moxy
    Moxy

tattoo: i dunno bout you. you sound genuine but some of the stuff you say is a little hard to understand. like the sister studying with you whose daughter is getting a tattoo and thinks that that's absolutely fine for a witness. and then you find fred's ravings 'helpful' - i hope you're just being polite :)

your story is compelling. i would like it to be true because i would really like to see what happens if it is. i will take it at face value tho, i do not wish to sound insulting.

the sister will likely not so much deny it as dismiss it. she likely will not even be aware that 587 is the accepted date and will assure that 607 is an absolute certainty, probably figuring that 587 is refering to some other event, a different part of the siege or something. she will be genuine in her certainty. it is the product of the date 607 being repeated like a mantra for generations (and 606 for generations before that) by JWs - without any real evidence ever presented. you hear it enough, you assume it to be true.

stick at this tho. you will uncover some interesting stuff on the way. good luck!

mox

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

if they admited they got the date wrong they will turn into little green trolls and shrivel away in the sinlight...

naah..it would just mean that the 1914 date is off bya bout 20 odd years. It actually might be to their benefit cus then they could get new light about the end times being real soon after all.
    -Dan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit