New Here.....And Grieving

by evita 24 Replies latest jw friends

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Hello, Evita,

Sorry for your losses and your grief. Glad that you are here and now reaching out to others so that we can reach out to you in mutual support and shared comfort.

Bless you!

~Merry

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Evita,

I'm glad to see your post.

I lost my mother to cancer in December also. In the last few years since I left the JWs, our relationship had suffered but when she was dying I felt her love and I'm sure she felt mine. It was the kind of experience that helps you to forget the all the bad things in your life. Dwell on the positive things like being there for your mother and the relationship with your sister and keep surrounding yourself with more positive experiences until you've accumilated a lifetime of happiness. Don't hang on to the negative stuff. Leave it behind like McDonalds table trash.

Love

TimB

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Dear Evita:

I am so sorry for this devastating loss. Living with a "roller-coaster" relationship with your mom must have taken so much out of you over the years. But from your story...it sounds as if you were a loving and patient daughter, even with her mood swings and such. You can feel a sense of peace in that you treated her in such a respectful manner and was THERE FOR HER when she became ill.

I wish you peace some day. I am just happy that you have your loving husband and children to help fill the "void" left by the passing of your mom. My dad died over 20 years ago. It still hurts, and it may be a cliche', but time does help. It may be a LONG time or SHORTER period of time...but it will help.

Big hug...Cathy L.

• Bryan
    Bryan

(((((Evita)))))

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. And yes... many of us here know the sorrow of the loss of family due to the Watchtower, callous, doctorines.

In time you will heal and hopefully find the peace you have sought after for so long.

Take care,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• evita
    evita

Thank you to everyone for your loving and thoughtful responses to my story. I am so glad to have found this place and hope to get to know you all better. I wish I had this board when I was leaving the W's. I could have really used your support and wisdom. Oh well, better late than never. I did read everything I could get my hands on... COC, Orwellian world, Visions of Glory...and therapy helped immensely. I am also fortunate to have some good friends who help me feel "normal" if you know what I mean.

Strangely enough, while my mom was serving the JW's, my Dad was involved with another cult of sorts.
    He became very involved with est and married an est trainer. Fortunately, I was an adult at the time and not forcibly subjected to his beliefs. Still, my life has taken some very strange turns mainly due to parents who were quite uncoventional. More details to come...

I am not too computer savvy and am still trying to figure out how to do all those fancy things you guys do in your posts so bear with me.

Love to all out there,
    Evita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit