Special Talk

by Es 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH
    Hi all just curious did anyone go to the special talk????

Yes I went, ...I don't consider this a "Special Talk"....It was an "oridnary talk" about Jesus, and why he gave is life for us. I see these "Special Talks" as a way to bring people to the hall.

Don't ask me more, I fell asleep..

• Es
    Es

heheh thanks all. Like most of you I just didnt go, knew it wasnt goin to be anything special but was just curious what it was about es

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

I just got home from the "special" talk. My brother gave it. He invited me so I didn't want to ungrateful. It was exactly the one Ip-Sec posted 02-Mar-05. Neo supplied a link on page 1.

What made it a "special" talk was the fact that it was the same talk given at all congregations for this date. Last week there were 98 in attendance at this hall today there were 198. Just saying.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Attended the talk.

I actually liked most of it. Our speaker didn't throw in a lot of junk about only witnesess have the truth blah blah blah blah.

He stuck to the outline pretty well.

Better than most talks.

Definitely not special in the sense they intend. But, yes, it was given at halls all around the world. That isn't a mark of special it's a mark of a high control religion.

Yes, attendance was up about 20%. Still riding high for the memorial season. Expect the rebound in attendance in about 2 weeks.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I went and we had an outstanding speaker. I enjoyed it so very much!

Following it was the Watchtower study that was about marriage. Yes, yesterday I enjoyed the meeting tremendously.

Some days I'm more a JW than others. Yesterday was one of those days.

DY

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

new and improved.

.is that not an oxymoron (not you golf)....either its new....or its improved..cant be both

The dubs like using oxymoron phrases. I took this from Farkel's dub glossary located here:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/6021/1.ashx

"Oxymoron" - Free Home Bible Study, Independent Thinking, Public Talk, New Light, The "Truth", Non-Inspired Prophet, Faithful and Discrete Slave, "Good" News of the Kingdom, Happiest People on Earth, "Servant", "Trustworthy and Reliable" Bible Chronology, Love God in Fear, "We Bring a Heart of Wisdom to this matter", "Declaration of Facts", "Aid to Bible Understanding", "The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life", etc. Sigh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit