I NEED HELP

by Shawn 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shawn
    Shawn

Here is my situation: I am in the Sacramento area of California. I have a good friend of mine that is a JW. She has recently not been attending Meeting and not reading her Watchtower. She went to Memorial and told me that it was the first time in a long time that she has felt truly happy. I had no experiance with the JWs before her and since I have read about them I am very afraid for her. No one in her family is a JW but a lot of her friends are and her "adopted" family, her ex's family. We are not a couple, though we were in the past.

After reading about the JWs I have prayed hard and read a lot. I feel that I have a calling and that calling is to try and save JWs. Even if I cannot save her I feel I can save others. They truly want to be Christians and believe they are already. I need help in this. I have help from a few people but more advice and experiance is always needed. I am going to read CoC tomorrow and have read books be Ron Rhodes and others already. I understand the methodology they use and know that a discussion on doctrine will not work all the time. I would like to hear stories from exJWs and find out what it was that help take the "lens" away. Please any help would be appreciated. You can email me directly at [email protected] if you want.

I implore you, even if it is to just tell your story please help me. Pray for me and this mission I feel is God comanded. Thank you and God Bless.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    feel that I have a calling and that calling is to try and save JWs.

Yes I sure think you are going to need help after making such a statement :)

• Shawn
    Shawn

I believe as a Christian that it is my responsibilty to share my beliefs and save those I love. As a Christian we are supposed to love everyone right. Please, this is not a post about whether or not I am "right". I feel I need to do this. I don't think I need to explain myself as to why and if you don't agree than just don't post.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Most of them are so blinded into believing the WTS is God's representative on earth they don't want to be saved.

• Shawn
    Shawn

The thing that gets me is JWs believe they are Christians. Most of them want to be Christians. I know I am not going to bring the Watchtower down nor will I probably save many people but I cannot simply sit there and look the other way as good people are misled. Salvation is for all people I want to share that with JWs.

• seven006
    seven006

***you don't agree than just don't post. ***

Yep, that'll work. This board is full of people who only respond to threads they agree with. We'll do anything we are told.

Good luck Shawn, as Brummie said, you'll need it.

Dave

• Brummie
    Brummie

Ok Shawn, welcome aboard. 1st, you personally cant save anyone, you can only have faith that God will save the ones you pray for. .

2nd, a lifeguard will not attempt to save a drowning man if he is trying to save himself, they guy who is struggling would probably drown the lifeguard. JWs are trying to save themselves, the best you can do is be of gentle persuasion, dont cristisise, dont try to grab them out. Just become knowledgable and let them see that what you have is better.

Brummie

• under74
    under74

look shawn hang around the forum awhile. Read some of the threads listed under "Best Of..." You really need to know where JWs are coming from. If you really want to help your friend give up the "I'm on a mission" BS and really try to help her by being there for her and planting a seed of doubt not in order to convert her to your religion but to get her out of the mind set she is in. If she leaves.... If you're a true friend you're not going to try to get her into your religion....that's the last thing someone who's just left a controlling group needs.

PS- Trust me, the only calling you have is to be supportive of your friend....leave the Witnesses to those of us that know them (were once part of them).

• Shawn
    Shawn

Thank you Brummie. I realize I cannot save anyone. I appologize for wording that wrong. I only want to show JWs that there is a Truth and that Jesus truly does love them. I have never been a JW so I know that I am looking in from the outside. That is why I am posting here. I need to know what I CAN do and HOW I should do it. I am not as naive as I sound. I realize that this is a huge undertaking and that I am not likely to feel success any time soon. I am just tired of hearing people say to give up JWs and reading that it is a lost cause. Christ loves us all and I want to spread that message to people who have been told that acts and obiediance are the ONLY way to get everlasting life. We are all welcome in Heaven, right? We should all at least have that choice.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Well I'm glad you have faith Shawn, I could do with more.

There is no easy way to help them out, JWism is a lifestyle not just a set of beliefs. Some of us have lived it and know the doctrine like we know the back of our hand and still cant get our relatives out. You do have the advantage of never having been a JW, they will talk to you, with this advantage take Under74 advice and browse through the threads here for knowledge.

Good to meet you

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit