Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-10-05 WT Study (Marriage--March 1)

by blondie 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

stillajwexelder

OH MY GOD! i'm laughing my a** off at your post, because it's so true, it was always some crazy brother or teenager that would comment on that and you know they were trying to be funny. i remember sitting in the back of the KH dabbing my eyes with tissue from crying with laughter.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    "Why Some Marriages Fail

14 A Christian woman recently experienced the trauma of divorce when her husband left her after 12 years of marriage and began a relationship with another woman. Did she notice any warning signs before the breakup? She explains: "He reached a point where he no longer prayed. He used flimsy excuses for missing Christian meetings and the preaching activity. He claimed to be either too busy or too tired to spend time with me. He would not talk to me. There was a spiritual alienation. It was such a shame. He was no longer the man I had married."

Christian woman

Translation: JW sister

BTW, why are there no experiences about the trauma of a brother having his wife leave him?

No longer prayed

Flimsy excuses for missing Christian (JW) meetings and the preaching activity

Sounds like sisters with husband no longer enchanted with the WTS and its doctrines will think their husband is having an affair."

Sounds like my JW mother-in-law always beating her husband verbally when he misses a meeting, and then he locks himself up in the room or leaves to eat alone at a diner to read the sports page. WT doesn't mention her that heckling causes more division!

Where's love in the words of these? Just because someone does not act like a zealot, does not give the other the green flag for acting this way!

• heathen
    heathen

OMG that sounds so retarded . So you are saying the attendents that see printed material with answers on it will literally embarrass people because of it ? The only approved way to do a WT study is to use hiliter and regurgetate whatever was said in the article ?

BTW --- You never did answer my question in last weeks thread about the elders reading your mind . Do they claim to be psychic with this nonsence?

• blondie
    blondie

No elders, don't think they are psychic, but they do think that God reveals things to them through the holy spirit as to people's motives and thoughts.

Now, I think that is a load of crap but I'm only a woman.

Blondie

• heathen
    heathen

I think it's a load of crap myself and they are a satanic cult that likes to lie about things of this nature . I just hate people like that .

• jadedgramma
    jadedgramma

Blondie-thank you from the bottom of my rebellious heart! I have been reading alot of the material on the site but until the past couple of months wasn't aware of your awesome "reviews" and 'comments you won't hear at...'. Ditto most of watch-out posted. My first post so am anxious and yet I feel as though I know so many of you out there. Finally, I know I am not the only one who for years questioned and doubted the twisted, convoluted trash being presented as spiritual food...the truth. The years of guilt and shame for daring to doubt even silently that this could possibly be true. This forum has been a life line for me.....if that sounds corny...well there it is.

So Blondie thanks for all the time and effort you expend.....there has to be thousands of people like me out there that are inspired and given courage by what we read here so your time is well spent.

jadedgramma

• heathen
    heathen
    This forum has been a life line for me.....if that sounds corny...well there it is.

put dittos around that one all right . There are many here that have lived this experience of convoluted dogma their entire life . I was one of the fortunate that could only see a little bit and was easily discouraged by all the false reasoning in some of the publications . Since I got on the web I have been able to see the whole picture and I am completely appalled at what I see . They were quick condemn me but it took me 30yrs to finally reverse their judgement back on them . I'd even be more angry had I actually been a dubby and finally saw all this . I never did any book sales for them but just studied for awhile and was related to one who was constantly with the you're gonna die if you don't be a good little dubby . It turns out niether were they . LOL

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    14 A Christian woman recently experienced the trauma of divorce when her husband left her after 12 years of marriage and began a relationship with another woman. Did she notice any warning signs before the breakup? She explains: "He reached a point where he no longer prayed. He used flimsy excuses for missing Christian meetings and the preaching activity. He claimed to be either too busy or too tired to spend time with me. He would not talk to me. There was a spiritual alienation. It was such a shame. He was no longer the man I had married

Gosh, I miss the wonderful, simple way of life in the congregation.

Is your marriage on the rocks? Simple: your mate is not attending meetings.

Ergo, he/she is failing spiritually, it is JUST THAT SIMPLE

Course, maybe, the dynamics of the relationship are out of whack; one is preoccupied, or ill, or depressed and therefore unavailable emotionally. Then she/he begins to withdraw, and the mate suffers. All people need intimacy and love, so maybe an affair is the result. What is the problem? Most likely it is NOT a case of slacking, but any number of other things that happen in a marriage.

The worldview of the WT writers is so ridiculously simplistic; it would be laughable if it were not so damaging.

If your marriage is in trouble, go to counseling; it's that simple. You will be MILES ahead of where this article will take you.

THANKS blondie.

P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit