Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-10-05 WT Study (Marriage--March 1)

by blondie 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Shawn
    Shawn

Does anyone know if this really is the topic of Study today?

• watch_out
    watch_out

Dear Blondie - I've been coming to this site for a couple of years, but because of a self-made(DUH!) glitch I couldn't post. Now that I can - you are the first one I want to give a big THANK YOU to! I always look for your new 'things you won't hear' - you really know how to read between the lines! WT says because of their literature(barf) one doesn't even have to read the Bible. I say: Because of your contributions here and the all the work involved - no one has to read their literature! (Stick to the Bible folks!)

My husband and I have been married for 15 years - he was never a dub, but I was for 5 of those years - I think - I don't remember the year I was baptised - I've been trying to forget it all - lol! Reading the Bible and studying together has nothing to do with it. "Love surpasses knowledge."

I wonder how many at the meetings with 'unbelieving mates' (hubby always HATED that term - he IS a believer, just not the WT way...and thank God He didn't answer my prayers for him to become one!) will be able to see through the hog-wash. But how many will harbor thoughts that 'if only' their mate was a 'true believer'(barf again) our marriage would be smooth sailing? How many will see even more problems with their mates because of this crappola? (Ya gotta have someone to blame.) And how many might be lusting after a 'godly' man in their congregation(Watchtowerite) for a husband instead of the unspiritual sap they married? Like we all need yet another reason to feel dissatisfied with what good things we already enjoy... blessings are not 'Godly' blessings unless they have the Society's stamp of approval. Blech!

Thanks again for your insightful postings. I've read every single one and can't wait for the next one!

With love to you - watch_out!

• blondie
    blondie
    Does anyone know if this really is the topic of Study today?

Shawn, if you noticed at the top of the review, I mention that the original study material is in RED. The Real Topic of the WT study today is the one in the Title and the Scripture is the one underneath followed by all the words in red. Hope that clears up any confusion. Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

Good first comment, watch_out,

I wonder how many at the meetings with 'unbelieving mates' (hubby always HATED that term - he IS a believer, just not the WT way...and thank God He didn't answer my prayers for him to become one!) will be able to see through the hog-wash. But how many will harbor thoughts that 'if only' their mate was a 'true believer'(barf again) our marriage would be smooth sailing? How many will see even more problems with their mates because of this crappola? (Ya gotta have someone to blame.) And how many might be lusting after a 'godly' man in their congregation(Watchtowerite) for a husband instead of the unspiritual sap they married? Like we all need yet another reason to feel dissatisfied with what good things we already enjoy... blessings are not 'Godly' blessings unless they have the Society's stamp of approval. Blech!

Unbelieving Mate: I can see why he hates that label.

I can remember a sister that always complained about her non-JW husband; he never beat her, was good around the house, had a good job, was a good father, tried hard to please her. He died suddenly from a heart attack and she remarried a Brother. But he never did anything around the house, not even yardwork, couldn't hold a job, ignored her children, and was hardly ever home, oh, did I forget, he beat her. But he was a brother and would be with her forever in paradise.

Keep posting.

Love, Blondie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The only difficult paragraph at our hall was the one about her breasts intoxicating you at all times -it got one 5 second comment and then we moved on - I made the comment by the way

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, Stilla, I can remember the extended dress code that sisters working on a day to day basis at Bethel were told.

No shorts above the knee.

No shirts that could be seen through (might see the shadow of a bra or not)

No shirts that revealed anything in the bosom area when you bent over (had to be checked by a sister).

No short sleeves (bare arms must be pretty erotic).

The problem with many bros at the KH is they are not thinking about the bosoms of their wives but the bosoms of other women at the KH.

Love Blondie

• Shawn
    Shawn

I just wanted to confirm it was todays. My friend said it was not going to be todays topic. She said there was a "special" topic for all Halls. I know now that it was this one. Thanks.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Yes Blondie that is me in my avatar :)

However I am gay so might be more interested in young brothers coming up to me...LOL.

This article makes me laugh. The Dub's think they are sooo enlightened when it comes to marriage. Puleeze! The person who mentioned "no fault" divorce above I think has missed the point. No fault divorce allowed women to get out of bad relationships without the burden of proving infidelity or other gross sin. In most of this country previously and to this day in other countries, a woman had to have witnesses to the adultry act. Obviously this is a hard thing to get. A woman could not be taken at her word since she was obviously a lying, bitter, hag.

Of course this was just barely above the step of woman being treated as property. They are still classified as this in various Muslim countries.

This is in the same vein when I argue with other "conservatives" about gay marriage. They spout off how they believe in "traditional" values, blah, blah. Well my history books show me that for most of human existence woman were property, marriages were arranged, and women/men married to increase the stake of their land holdings, status, or social standing. Not a marriage of free choice, that is a modern day invention only 100 to 150 years old at most. So let's have traditional marriage then for everyone. I think NOT.

• blondie
    blondie

She was talking about the public talk, the 45-minute spiel at the beginning of the Sunday meeting, called the Special Talk, and always follows the Memorial about 2 to 3 weeks later every year.

This is the WT study, a 60-minute spiel that follows the song after the 45-minute spiel.

The public talk was about Jesus Christ. The outline is somewhere her eon JWD, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

Love, Blondie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

our special talk was very ordinary by the way

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit