Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-10-05 WT Study (Marriage--March 1)

by blondie 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Soledad
    Soledad

Enter into that relationship prematurely

How many of us know of JWs that get married when they are barely 18 because they can?t imagine going without sex another minute, or can?t wait to escape the control of their parents, or want to have a baby, or that if they wait too long, the last eligible brother will be snapped up?

How many of us know of JW parents that push their children into early marriages thinking it will protect their children from being DF?d for fornication?

this happened a lot in my congregation. elder's daughters getting married at 17 'cause she's already knocked up! LOL!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am trying to pluck up courage to take Blondies WT study to the KH- that wouldbe interesting

• heathen
    heathen

Stillajwexelder --- Just remember that the only right answers are already given in the publication . LMAO I think it would be a riot if everybody copied the article and took it with them for the question answer part , I could imagine the stares you would get .

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I'll be watching for all the ex-married sisters in the hall tomorrow.

You know, the ones who stayed freshly battered in their phyically/mentally abusive marriages until their husband finally cheated on them.

Then in a huff of righteous indignation, they finally divorced the creep on "scriptual" grounds.

Now during the study, the WT will be saying to these ladies: IT WAS YOUR FAULT

1. You didn't know him well enough
    2. You married too early
    3. You didn't apply the elders' advice
    4. You watched too many chick flicks
    5. Look at all the successful 20-year-plus marriages in the congregation (all 2), if you had only been a good JW...
  • yelloeteady
    yelloeteady

In my congregation i noticed more than half of the couples (elders) are not happily married... one indication is by the husband always walkin ahead of the wife. Another is they wouldnt sit together at the KH.... there's always a seat in between... thats cold... A newly baptized sister got devoreced after she got baptized. I think her reason is so she can collect welfare..

• moanzy
    moanzy

Thanks Blondie. Your watchtower studies ROCK compared to my DAD's

Moanzy

• lawrence
    lawrence

Blondie - Excellent coverage! The few "happily married couples" I knew in the Org have since divorced. So that leaves only unhappy couples. Yes, as one person stated, you watch their all powerful men walk ahead of their wives (as if they didn't know them), never hand in hand, and if they sit together, you have to wonder who squirms more the husband or the wife. Of course when the C.O. comes, everybody is lovey dovey.

Cathy- hope you had a big drink. Your comments were right on.

• vitty
    vitty

Thanks for that Blondie

It did make me laugh though, when you discribed the groping brother. I know fanny in America means bottom but in Britain it means something else of the anatomy LOL

• blondie
    blondie

Hi EvilForce,

Is that you in the avatar? If you were at the KH Sunday, the sisters would be lined up 20 deep, including a couple of married ones, just looking for their friends of course.

Thanks, and it can be hard work but I break it up into a small part every day so I don?t go over my vomit level. I have scans on the articles now thanks to a friend which helps too.

Dear heathen,

It took him 14yrs to get the one he was after

Fortunately, for Jacob, he was able to cohabit with Rachel after the first 7 years but had to work another 7 years to pay off his debt.

Yes, it was ludicrous to use this as an example, but the WTS has done so before and will do so again: Not that they encourage seven year engagements.

Good points, Cathy, I would need about 8 hands to count on my fingers the couples I know that have divorced and remarried AS JW'S (either reproved, DF'd and then reinstated in record time, especially former elders). In my own family I have a divorced brother (twice) and a sister with a horrendous marriage, but still "good little JW's". Happily married couples for 10, 20, 30 years my a**)!!!

I thought back to the elders I know in the congregations I have attended, half on their second marriages. Then there are the couples that live separate lives, never going anywhere together, even the meetings, coming in separate cars, taking separate vacations until the live under separate roofs.

Sorry, Shania, that you have to sit through this,

I sat through meetings for 3 years before I realized I didn?t have to go any more.

I was told my hubby and I were the only happily married couple at the hall. What a compliment huh. Any way it is going to be hard to sit through this tomorrow, but thanks to you I know the real deal

Thanks about the real deal. Fifty years counts for something; having things confirmed by comments here on JWD helps me know it wasn?t just a local thing.

Keep a close grip on your happiness with your hubby. My hubby sustains me in all we do, especially in fading from the WTS.

Thanks, xjwms,

We?ll we be seeing you at any of the Wisconsin events? You can answer by PM if you prefer.

Hey Bonnie_Clyde,

We figured out about half have been divorced, and most of the rest of them are somewhat unhappy or very unhappy. We decided that there are three couples who actually appear to be happy--one of them my son and his wife and he says it's mostly because they are seldom at meetings.

See all these people thought the end would be here by now and everyone?s problems would be gone, that God would make them happy.

Honesty,

For the entire Law stands fulfilled in one saying, namely: "You must love your neighbor as yourself." If, though, YOU keep on biting and devouring one another, look out that YOU do not get annihilated by one another . GALATIANS 5:14-15

Sounds like the elder bodies I know.

Very good point, Shoshana,

As no-fault divorce eventually spread as a legal reason to divorce (irreconcilable differences), the divorce rate began to rise. Before no-fault, marriages weren't dissolved without other legal reasons. Other countries that once restricted divorces have begun to allow no-fault through the last several decades. This is one of the largest reasons the divorce rate increased about 30 years ago. But the answer (of course) from WTBS would be that only in the "last days" (critical times, hard to deal with...) would governments allow such easy divorces. I would say that no-fault divorce certainly makes a critical situation a lot easier to deal with. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that before no-fault divorce, more than half the marriages were loveless, sexless, and generally "bad." There was just no easy way out.

I remember an older non-JW couple who never divorced?the joke was they were waiting for the children to die.

Thanks, Flash, for the Personal Favorites,

Just remember I grew up in the pre-1975 age when all the teenagers and JWs a little older were desperately seeking mates because the rumor was that marriage was going to be eliminated in the new system. I have had 30 years or more to see the fruitage of those marriages and the marriages of those about 10 years older than we were.

Hey there, Soledad,

this happened a lot in my congregation. elder's daughters getting married at 17 'cause she's already knocked up

Had they been privately reproved? Publicly? Not at all? Had the guy?

As I researched some of this stuff, I found out that in Israelite times, a year engagement was required and why, because it would be evident if the girl was pregnant or not.

Also, fornication was not a capital offense under the Law thus not a disfellowshipping offense according to the WTS rules.

Hmmmm

Stilla!!

am trying to pluck up courage to take Blondies WT study to the KH- that wouldbe interesting

This has been done by some from JWD. Just have to be sure no one reads over your shoulder.

Heathen,

everybody copied the article

I can remember the counsel that was given by the WTS not to print out the scriptures using your computer and then take them to the meeting.

Better to write them out in the margins like some JWs do!

Ezekiel3

what a wonderful summary and example of how the elders blame the sisters for their woes.

I'll be watching for all the ex-married sisters in the hall tomorrow.

You know, the ones who stayed freshly battered in their phyically/mentally abusive marriages until their husband finally cheated on them.

Then in a huff of righteous indignation, they finally divorced the creep on "scriptual" grounds.

Now during the study, the WT will be saying to these ladies: IT WAS YOUR FAULT

1. You didn't know him well enough
    2. You married too early
    3. You didn't apply the elders' advice
    4. You watched too many chick flicks
    5. Look at all the successful 20-year-plus marriages in the congregation (all 2), if you had only been a good JW...

Welcome, yelloeteady,

In my congregation i noticed more than half of the couples (elders) are not happily married... one indication is by the husband always walkin ahead of the wife. Another is they wouldnt sit together at the KH.... there's always a seat in between... thats cold...
    A newly baptized sister got devoreced after she got baptized. I think her reason is so she can collect welfare..

I wonder if it was a scriptural divorce? Is the man still living with her?

Nice observations.

Welcome, Moanzy,

Your watchtower studies ROCK compared to my DAD's

You might be prejudiced after years of being bored by your dad. I have run into JWs from my old congregation(s) who say the WT study is not the same since I left.

I can remember a brother in my congregation when I was a teenager. We called him EF Hutton.

Remember the old E.F. Hutton commercial? Two people are surrounded by a crowd and one says to the other, "My broker is E.F. Hutton and E.F. Hutton says?" At that point, a hush falls over the scene and everyone leans in. The ad closes with the line "When E.F. Hutton talks, people listen."

Hi Lawrence,

Of course when the C.O. comes, everybody is lovey dovey.

And the CO knows it too. People who have not talked to you for the last six months suddenly are glad handing you.

Wonderful comments, everyone. I learn so much from them.

Love, Blondie

• blondie
    blondie
    I know fanny in America means bottom but in Britain it means something else of the anatomy LOL

Hi vittvin,

Isn't the English language a hoot. German has similar problems depending on what part of the country you are in.

fanny = rear end, bottom, buttocks, etc.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit