Private life drama..

by Brummie 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

I'm at work, stealing a bit of time...

Almost a month ago my work mates mother jumped in front of a train! she was 54. Just the week before he was telling me how he was worried about her mental health. Its been a tough time for him and his family, I know pretty much all of the family and words cant really comfort. Very little was left of her. Anyway, at the funeral, inside the church, a bird flew around the coffin and then flew out of the building. This has offered so much comfort to him and his family, even though they are in despair they saw a little symbolic message in the flight of the bird, his mother is as "free as a bird" now. it seems a little animal brought more comfort than anyone of us could. Never underestimate the strength of the lil sparrow. Animals are here to serve humans, I think I may turn vegitarian..:)

One of my other work collegues/friends went along to the funeral to pay her last respects and to support the others emotionally. She was 22 yrs old, the night before last she sped down the motorway and died in a crash, no other car was involved and we are waiting for the inquest to find out what happened. Pretty sad, she had just left work at 3:30pm and was heading home. They airlifted her but she died during the lift, her death was almost instant. I only found out today when I came to work...its like I waved goodbye to her a few days ago for the last time, without even realising it.

I believe she didnt have a seatbelt on as I found out today that she often went without it (this could be a rumour since it is law in England to wear one). Also she had a toothache while at work last evening and may have took painkillers = drowsy. Its all speculation but the most likely reason, I believe, she skidded offa the motorway is that she may have tried to avoid a straying rabbit or fox or hedghog...

Less than 2 weeks ago she was at the funeral of the suicide victim I mentioned. who could have thought hers was next...

Anyway, funny how 2 animals can impact so many people in different ways.

Got anything in your private life that you need to talk about?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my condolences brummie. hugs

• kls
    kls

Sorry Brummie, this is sad.

• Brummie
    Brummie

It is sad isnt it, I'm just like gobsmacked. Anyhows, I have the knack of dissociating when things get overpowering, I learned it from the WT, it comes in handy.

• talesin
    talesin

Chin up, kitty. Suicide is really hard to deal with, and followed by such a shock of your workmate dying. You must be reeling!

Sure, I'll tell ya a similar story. The first week of November, I went to work and the store next door was closed. There was a note on the door "closed till further notice". I was quite concerned, as I know the family that owns the store really well. It crossed my mind that someone may have died. That was a Thursday. So I waited till Monday, then called the caretaker of our building, N.

My friend, J, who worked next door, had hung herself. :( She was only 23, and had been dealing with depression for a while. None of us knew she had gone that far, though ... I was devastated. Not at her death, as much as that she was in such pain and could not share, as I know how it feels! Poor J. Her struggles are over.

So, that Saturday, I mosied downtown. My friend, D, who is a busker, was not in his usual spot. I asked around, and heard that he had been mugged a week ago and was in hospital. So, I trucked up to the hospital, and found he was in the ICU. I talked my way onto the unit (family only, but he has none in this province). OMG He had over 200 stitches. His little head was shaved, and it was like a road map of staples. The only other marks on him were on his right fist, where he had tried to defend himself.

He had been mugged on his way home one nite, they beat him with a squeegee. :( He was in a coma, and paralyzed on the right side. No more guitar playing for D. All I could do was stroke his hand, and keep telling him he would make it, and how much we all loved him, with hopes he could hear me. So, I started going to sit with him every day.

The second day after that, I went to work, and the caretaker, N, (also a friend) had had a heart attack and was in the CCU. So, back to the hospital I went, to see him. He was doing okay.

Well, 2 days later, N died. D came out of his coma, but he will never be the same. He didn't know me for about a month, but he is starting to come around. I never want to go through a week like that again.

Rough winter, huh? But we are tough, we slog through, right? And you'll feel better soon.

t

• Brummie
    Brummie

Talesin, wow, what an aweful time and series of events...speechless! Makes you question everything doesnt it, "why" being the biggest question of all. (((((((((hugs)))))))), I know what you mean about the hurt of people not saying anything but going and taking their life. Its painful but understandable I guess. Lets hope its all behind now and another series of these sorts dont happen again.

x x x

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Brummie and Talesin

Those stories are just so bloody Heartbreaking

My best to you both.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

My God/dess.............what does one say to such goings on............? ((((Tal.............Brumm))))

My is with you both...................

Terri

• Brummie
    Brummie

Cheers fleaman, you may read about it in the paper soon, not sure if Burnham news reaches Bristol but it happened between junction 21-22 of M5.

Sunny thx, sad en it.

• Bas
    Bas

It really makes me sad Brummie, only 22 I'm 26 myself trying to find a nice girl, reminds me how easily a life is taken. life is really harsh, can't believe there's a god out there hearing this. all my best Brummie, this really makes me cry.....

from sad bas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit