The Pope and JW Urban Legend

by xjw_b12 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

I had heard the one about John Paul II's brother being a witness in Poland. In the incarnation I read, he was the branch committee coordinator in Warsaw. I told Sister Christall that I did not believe that was true. She said it most definitely was. So I went down to Walden books and read throught the Pope's autobiography. Of course he had no witness siblings. I reported this to the sister and was told that he had disowned his brother and that's why he wasn't mentioned...and she cautioned me about reading books about the pope.

Of course, it's a crock of shit...but she wouldn't admit that even in the face of indisputable evidence

• Freedom
    Freedom

Dear xjw, You mentioned that the pope might have been killed off because he wanted reform. Maybe the kind of reform that pope was looking for wasn't in keeping with supporting the one-world government, which was supported and promoted by the current pope. When the League of Nations was founded, Christendom said that it was the political expression of God's Kingdom on earth. I don't think that idea has changed at all. Look at how many churches and world religions support the UN as NGO's. Agape, freedom

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    The only thing I ever heard was that this last pope(I think) had a fleshly brother who is/was a JW. I always wondered if there was any truth to that or just another one of the MANY JW urban legends.

Most of his family died when he was a young man. I think he did have a brother, but he died early, I think too.

• omerp
    omerp

One thing I find and I don't think anyone will disagree with me, and this comes from the top, is that most Jehovah's Witnesses have no respect for the Catholic Church, as well as other churches and have nothing good to say about the Pope even after the man just died! You guys shouldn't be cutting up other Religions without knowing your facts as oppose to listening to false things being said! How can you know something about a religion or person if you're just making a judgement from a distance! Sorry to raise this up but I can't help defending someone like the Pope who definitely lived a Godly life!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Freedom,

And please don't forget the Watchtower Society's own support of the U.N. as an NGO for about 10 years before it was exposed by the Guardian newspaper and others. Not much different from the other religions.

• Freedom
    Freedom

Dear Kenneson, Actually, I think WT is worse than nominal Christendom. Christendom never hid what they were doing or condemned the UN. WT rightly identified the UN as the organization that will stand opposed to God's kingdom. Their hypocrisy is unforgivable in Jehovah's eyes. Agape, freedom

• David2002
    David2002

I never heard of that. What I heard were the reports which came out on the press that he may have been murdered. But nothing about his anti-Witness stand. Anyway, all the popes were anti-Witness anyway. I remember hearing that a few months of Pope John Paul II was selected, that there was a Catholic conference concerning the "sects" in trying to convert Catholics. They mentioned Latter Day Saints (Mormons), Pentecostals, Seventh-Day Adventists, and Jehovah's Witnesses as group taking away members from the Catholic Church. Interesting the JW's were singled out as "the most dangerous of them all". Why? Because the Witnesses came with the Bible in their hand. Does any recall hearing or reading anything about that?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I remember hearing that a few months of Pope John Paul II was selected, that there was a Catholic conference concerning the "sects" in trying to convert Catholics.

From Google:

1978 Apr. 4 Fourth Plenary Meeting of the College of Cardinals on the theme: "The Church facing the threat against human life and the challenge of the sects." http://www.scmo.org/_holy_father/1978-2003.asp?Circa=1988-1998

I wasn?t able to find any more detail on what was discussed at this meeting, other than that sects who speak in tongues are spreading in South America.

My guess: The Pope did have a meeting that discussed sects. The rest is JW fluff--their special brand of superiority complex and persecution complex. They need to be "persecuted" in order to support their claim the Devil is setting them apart due to their status as God's one and only true religion.

• JustMeNonJDub
    JustMeNonJDub

"most Jehovah's Witnesses have no respect for the Catholic Church, as well as other churches"

This is so true.

I have also found that many ex-JWs have no respect for all churches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit