The Pope and JW Urban Legend

by xjw_b12 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Does anyone remember Pope John Paul I ?

He was elected in 1978, and died 33 days later, leading the way for Pope John Paul II. (Now maybe that was a conspiracy)

Anyways, I remember my mom telling me then, that the reason Pope John Paul I died so quickly after being appointed, was that he had an agenda to crush the JW religion, and it wasn't in Jehovah's timetable to have the "Great Harlot" turn on his chosen people at this time. so Jehovah had him "removed"

And I believed that !

Does anyone else remember that, or maybe my mom is actually one of the annointed, and Jehovah revealed it to her?

xjw_b12 Got Rand?

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Wow! That's a new one. I was still a JW in 1978 and I didn't hear that one.
    But, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

• heathen
    heathen

From what I saw on the discovery channel a show called , saints and sinners , the theories going around were that pope john paul 1 was interested in reforming the catholic church so they killed him off . He was on medication so I imagine it would only take some tampering with that to get rid of him . Frankly, I wouldn't put it past them because I know they killed off popes in their history .

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

heathen said:

pope john paul 1 was interested in reforming the catholic church so they killed him off .

So if the new pope elect tries to bring change, it will be interesting to see how long he lasts!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

You know, after reading this again, I find it utterly amazing that the JW's at that time would think that this new leader of millions of Catholics around the world would have no other problems or issues to face, but only had an agenda to crush the JW's.

Now that I'm out, I can see how small the JW's really are and how they are held in such little regard by everyone else. But, while in the witnesses, they lead their followers to believe that the whole world is watching them and the world is out to get them. Sheesh!!!

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

The only thing I ever heard was that this last pope(I think) had a fleshly brother who is/was a JW. I always wondered if there was any truth to that or just another one of the MANY JW urban legends.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

But, Pope John Paul II did bring about change in a peaceful way. Look at how outgoing he was with the people of the world? He was not the "holy" head isolated in the Vatican. He was the Pope of the People. Look at the changes he made to the way that his remains would be handled and the way the conclave would work. Changes to over 500 years of tradition. He did reinforce the ideals of the church with regard to life/death, contraception, and abortion. He didn't rock the boat there. It seemd that he didn't dare. However, he urged PEACE of the world leaders, and attempted his own peaceful political and religious "summits", some of which were effective in collapsing the Russian Empire.

Now, I bet the JW's HATEd JPII for that! They no longer had their King of the N. Ha!

It will be very curious to see who the new pope is. I'm hoping for someone from Latin America, but one from Africa might be more effective in the current issues with the muslim world. And then the JW's can continue their ridicule of Babalon the Grape even further.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Here's a thought.... the poisoning of JPI could be Jahs hand because JPI would have been more like Babylon the Grape, whore of the world. With JPII, Jah got rid of (or reduced the size of) the Babylon mark and brough a peaceful Pope of the People to show change in the great church. Just to ire the JW's and show their prophesies to be false! ha!

• upside/down
    upside/down

The Dubs have such a superiority complex it's hilarious.

They are sure that all people and organ-eye-zations everywhere are constantly united in plotting the demise of their spiritual pair a dice.

When in fact no even hardly notices they're even there.

Bunch ta do bout nuthin!

They are legends in their own minds. What's sad is that they actually wish someone would persecute them just so they can have braggin rights! SIK.

u/d (of the formerely of the DRAMA class)

• heathen
    heathen

xjw_b12 --- I said it was a conspiracy theory mentioned on the show I watched on the discovery channel called saints and sinners .

BTW --- the latest poll on the news was that the next pope had odds of 11-4 of being a nigerian .

I think the church does need reform tho . It seems the latest craze in the western hemisphere are the born again sects . The chruch has already stated that they need an evangelizer , something like John Paul 2 was .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit