what's the deal in the 'new system'?

by Pleasuredome 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Incidentally, I saw an artsy-type ad that made fun of that picture. It was changed slightly, but it was very clearly the exact picture. Who can blame them? If you're a normal, intelligent human being, I can hardly think of anything more WTF!?-worthy than this pic! :-)

SNG

• heathen
    heathen

LOL , a lion holding a beach ball . incidently I did have that argument over what the weather would be like in the new system with the book study jerk at my house . I argued for a more tropical climate so that things could grow because after all if the trees of life can't produce fruit in the winter time then people would die . What good is snow anyway ? It's cold and wet . I don't know that the bible says there will be seasons eternally but more like times indefinate which can change at any time . Heathen of the I hate snow class . but still love hockey .

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    LMAO...a lion with a beachball? Find that picture somebody, I wanna see

I don't recall that one, but I recall the one with the panda bear.

Paradise Erf was confusing for me to think about. I always loved music. I tried to figure out how wonderful it would be if all "worldly music" and all media formats were destroyed. Somehow, hugging lions and petting porcupines didn't appeal to me as much as music did.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Okay, just saw the lion with the beach ball. LMFAO!!! That is rediculous. So, the WT is claiming that Lions are going to be super intelligent, and you can actually play catch with them. BTW, where the hell did they get the petrolium to make that beach ball? I've never seen any oil wells in the pictures of Paradise Erf.

Someone, please modify this picture to make it more accurate. Put an oil well in it!

• bebu
    bebu

ROFL!!!! I'm laughing thru my tears. I have never seen the 'lion with a beach ball' picture before. That is the FUNNIEST picture I've ever seen from the WTS, hands down!!! He looks so confused with it, too...

It actually reminds me of that Far Side comic, where a guy has a dog balancing a dog treat on his nose and the man is saying, something like "That's right Buster, hold still... don't move... hold still... just a little longer..." and the dog is thinking in his thought bubble, "That's it. I'm going to KILL him." I wonder if the ridiculously humiliated lion is looking at all the fresh meat surrounding him and thinking something like that dog-- "That's it. Time to eat!"

Thanks SNG.

bebu

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

About nudity... it's interesting the WT always pictures people clothed in Paradise earth, in contrast to Adam and Eve... (no beards either).

Cf. Watchtower 5.15.1962, QFR,about nudism:

Whether man would have continued naked had he not sinned the Word of God does not explicitly state. However, we do note that after the first human pair sinned Jehovah God made clothes for them, slaughtering animals to provide the skins. (Gen. 3:21) Certainly that was a change from their original nakedness. But since these clothes were provided by the Creator himself, who would dare claim that Adam and Eve would have been better off without them? Certainly throughout the Scriptures we note that God?s servants wore clothing, and oftentimes it is described.

More than that, man is the only creature on earth that has need of clothing, and that for at least three sound reasons. First, as a protection from the elements and nature, from heat and cold, from rough terrain or thorns, and so forth. Secondly, there is the matter of beauty and comeliness. Clothing adds to the appearance, helps give one a measure of confidence and serves to cover one?s unseemly parts, even as the apostle Paul notes at 1 Corinthians 12:23. And thirdly, there is the matter of modesty. Thus we read at Revelation 16:15 that Christians should take care lest they lose their garments and be exposed to shame. True, this refers to spiritual garments, but the illustration would be without force if the nude state were to be preferred to the clothed.

Further, the Scriptures admonish Christian women to be chaste and modest in their attire: "I desire the women to adorn themselves in well-arranged dress, with modesty and soundness of mind." (1 Tim. 2:9) It would be stretching credulity to believe, as claimed by the nudists, that men and women of the world are of such a high moral tone that in the presence of nude women they would not be likely to transgress along the line Jesus mentioned at Matthew 5:28: "Everyone that keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Therefore no dedicated Christian minister can remain in good standing in the New World society of Jehovah?s witnesses and at the same time be a member of a nudist colony or frequent nudist camps.

• heathen
    heathen

OH I guess that leaves me out . BTW when do we start a jwd nudist colony ? LOL

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

since these clothes were provided by the Creator himself, who would dare claim that Adam and Eve would have been better off without them?
    errr, naturists? lol

• tweety
    tweety

Hey upside/down it does look like DISNEYLAND!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

BWAHAHAHAHAH at that picture!! That lion looks like the biggest pansy ever! I'm going to put that up as my desktop background right now!

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit