Can't get this out of my system

by cheeseman 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I can't say I generally feel the way that you do in my daily life, but some part of me must feel it because two nights ago I dreamed I was at an assembly shouting at the top of my lungs,"JW POLICIES DESTROY FAMILIES; THEY ALLOW PEOPLE TO DIE PREVENTABLE DEATHS AND PROTECT CHILD MOLESTORS INSTEAD OF CHILDREN. LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT THE TRUTH. VISIT JEHOVAHS-WITNESSES.COM!!!" All the Witnesses just looked at me a somewhat surprised yet glazed expression and I knew they were thinking: What is she talking about? We're the happiest people in the world."

~Merry

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Totally OT, but....

Nice Avatar, Trevor!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

There may be a bit of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder involved with your anger and over the top feelings. Not uncommon with the aftermath of abuse. With gentle time, it will pass.

• trevor
    trevor

CaptainSchmideo

You have fallen in love with your own reflection.

Who is number one?

That would be telling!

Be seeing you

• mack
    mack

Completely understand where you are coming from. I was never directly affected by the backlash of leaving the religion, but I did see many family members get shunned, and this hurt me. The trick is (like others have said before) to channel your mistrust, hate, hurt, whatever it is to something positive. Although I would like to warn the world about Jehovah's Witnesses; if I did I wouldn't be any different from when I was a witness, warning the world about the end of days. Just be true to your self (don?t feel that you have to please others to be happy) and don't stoop down to their level of thinking.

Andrew

• Carmel
    Carmel

I would suggest you get the book by Eileane Pagels called "The Origin of Satan" and give it serious consideration wether or not you want to be burdened by the concept of a "bad God". Once that is flushed out of your mind, you can then dispationately address what you want about the existance or non-existance of the "good God". Heady stuff, but maybe it will get your mind off the obsession of JWdum and all that it means to you. Seriously, fill your time with something more edifying and you'll be surprised how insignificant the whole UU experiance becomes.

I wish you well.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit