Silent Lambs campaign

by kittyeatzjdubs 21 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun
    they clearly have hearts of stone. F them. Those with the right heart condition will take notice.

Wow. Besides the [edited] reference the above sounds like it's right out of the pages of the Watchtower. Give me a break. If you think that people freely make choices based on their "heart condition" you are really fooling yourself. It's much more complicated than that.

B.

• cheeseman
    cheeseman

Logansrun, how would you go about showing the dubs they harbour paedophiles?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I'm sure most JWs are now aware that there is a child abuse scandal. There have been cases discussed in the news, TV programs, and I recall at least one letter that was read to the congregation. If they are unaware it's by choice, because they choose obey the society and refrain from reading or viewing critical material.

I think most flyers left on cars would not be read. Either they would be removed by the attendents at the kingdom hall, or people would throw them out without reading. Even if some were interested in reading, they may be coerced by others to immediately throw out this "apostate" material.

I would sooner distribute information to people's homes. In private there's more of a chance someone will read it. I'm sure many of us still have the "congregation association lists" that can be used.

Walter

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    congregation association lists" that can be used.

Walter

How can I get ahold of one of these lists?

DL76

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If you need to find the KH's in your area, just go to maps.google.com and type in "Kingdom Hall, [Your City and State]"

Here is a sample with all of the KHs in the Dallas, TX area:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=kingdom+hall,dallas+tx&hl=en

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

yeah... i like that list idea...does anyone have a list for the midsouth memphis, tn and north mississippi area?

it would save me gas money too!

<3 kitty

• blondie
    blondie

What I would do is check with www.silentlambs.org for ideas too.

http://www.silentlambs.org/contact/index.cfm

http://www.silentlambs.org/newsletter/NewsLetterItem.cfm?SendoutID=372

This is Child Abuse Awareness month as well.

Just as each of us has the right to choose our own spiritual road; it is your choice in this matter. Very few JWs have watched the shows on TV re abuse...told not to...scared to...some have seen it and did not send them screaming for the exit...others it did.

Better to do something than to do nothing.

If you are up to it, you could make it a PR opportunity because 1) Abuse Awareness month 2) if you are an abuse victim or a close family members in the WT setting. SL could help you know how to call the newspapers/TV stations and get them out there to take pictures.

Blondie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Actually, that's not all of the Kingdom Halls, just those with registered physical addresses. The one I used to go to, on Hedgecoxe Road in Plano, does not have mail delivery directly to the Kingdom Hall, so it doesn't show up on that map. Personally, I think that is a ploy to keep unwanted "fan" mail from coming to the Sacred KH.

I think whatever you find healing is GREAT. When I had a complaint about the elders in my dad's congregation, I sent a letter not only to the body of elders but to every person in the congregation for whom I had an address (found an old address list in my dad's briefcase, hehehehe). That way I knew the matter couldn't be completely ignored by the elders because the "flock" knew about it. I wonder what kind of a local needs talk was given about THAT? Hmmm, "Don't Believe Anything You Read Unless It Comes From Us," or "She's A Woman, So Her Opinions Don't Count," or "How 'Bout Them Cowboys."

Have fun with it and let your anger leave you a little more with each flyer you distribute!

Hugs,

Nina

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    How can I get ahold of one of these lists?

They used to give them out to each family in my halls. I put all mine in a database so I can easily print mailing labels.

Any current JW should have one for their hall.

Walter

• rebel8
    rebel8

Another possible idea for you, OP--how about including some documents showing JW failure to support the victims and report it to the police? News articles, or try the court documents of the Canadian Elders who recently removed notes on counseling a molester from the KH. They then put the notes in their attorney's office to try to illegally claim attorney-client privilege. This is available online in court documents, not from an "apostate" site. I think silent lambs has a link on their site, or look in the Child Abuse folder in this forum.

You could attach them somehow to the lamb. Maybe someone would accidentally read it. The Canadian one--just be aware it is long and in legalese--maybe you'd need to highlight a few key points.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit