I have been reading COC

by fairy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

CoC is a must read for anyone who is doubting the WTS.

I was completely stunned and shocked when I first read CoC. The whole Malawi thing bothered me enormously and I shed many tears realizing how many brothers and sisters died over there because of one asshole on the Governing Body, who decided to change his vote at the last minute denying them the right to carry the Party Card that the government required.

Mary I felt the same and was riveted to the chapter on that incident. I was one of those good dubbies who wrote letters to help the governments protect the brothers and sisters in Malawi. It made me literally sick to my stomach to see how they were doomed from their own good brothers back in New York who were busy helping the brothers in Mexico from a different angle, buying political cards! How sick is that?!!!!

If only I had back those years and had the insight I have now.........

• Mary
    Mary

If only I had back those years and had the insight I have now.........

Bikerchic, I hear ya.......I think there's many a folks on this board who feel the exact same way.

• fairy
    fairy

I got my copy from the local library....they got it from another library for me to read.

I have finished the book.

I am amazed at how well it was written. Ray Franz simply stated the facts as he knew it....from what happened to him.

He saw lots of things he didnt agree with. I was particularly stunned at the fact that when there was a vote, that certain ones would always vote the same way as some others in the group. If some voted no, they would vote no...if they voted yes, the others would automatically vote yes. The witnesses were always quick about the fact of disfellowshipping someone, for the simplest reason.. Why?

He got disfellowshipped for having one meal with a disfellowshipped person yet someone they were talking with had 2 meals with him and not one as the sister stated. Lying through their teeth to cover themselves.

What the head member of the governing body said, that was it.

I would say the book is definitely worth reading...its not an "apostate book" written by bad people as i would have originally thought if i was still going to the meetings.

Some of it is a little hard to understand, but the idea of it comes through. It doesnt instantly turn you away from the witnesses. Just opens your eyes up more to see what actually goes on that they dont tell you about.

Read it and judge for yourself. Thats what i did, and i am glad i read it. It just proved to me that things arent as perfect as some would believe

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I've read CoC at least 3 times now and I seem to learn a bit more every time.It's true that every JW and ex-JW should read this book.I have ordered In Search of Christian Freedom and I'm looking forward to reading that book as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit