MYSTERIOUS PARALLELS

by myelaine 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• myelaine
    myelaine

Jesus is speaking to his disciples and warning them about false prophets, he then says that just before the coming of the Son of Man the eagles will be gathered together WHERE EVER the CARCASS is (Matt 24:29)

Jesus is speaking about WHEN he is coming back and that the body of Christ will be taken, the disciples ask WHERE and Jesus says, the eagles will be gathered together WHERE EVER the BODY is (Lu17:37)

-------The eagles will be gathered together at the same place, in a place where the body of Christ and the carcass of the false prophet are at the time of his second coming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The woman who gave birth to the male child was given the wings of a great eagle that she might fly INTO THE WILDERNESS to a place, where she is NOURISHED for a time, times and half a time, from the presence of the beast.(Rev12:14)

So he carried me away in the Spirit INTO THE WILDERNESS. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. (Rev17:3)

-------Two women---1 the bride of Christ is nourished

1 the harlot is drunk with the blood of saints and abominations and filthiness of her fornications

Both in the wilderness where the eagles have gathered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt13:30

Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

michelle

• Bas
    Bas

well, that's sort of intriguing. Could it mean that the body and the carcass are the same thing in the same place?

b

• myelaine
    myelaine

bas,

I believe that it means that the bride of Christ will be found amongst/within the harlot, at one place they will be together, they are not one "woman" because clearly one is of God and one is of Satan.

Like the nation of Israel, one DISTINCT group of people will be made up of true believers and apostates.

michelle

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Myelaine... The Matt 24:28 passage taken in context means nothing of the sort. The section has been broken down before in a couple threads (example: Two in bed) but for our purpose now we see that Matt is writing to say that there are many would be Messiahs or that there would also be those who would claim that the Messiah had return quietly and hidden from eyes (which is exactly the WT teaching) yet he insists that the return would be unmistakable, public and very visible as lightning that lights up the sky. He then uses the second illustration of "eagles" gathering in the air that are a dead give away (pun intended) that some dead body is rotting on the ground below. The Greek simply means to soar like the wind and so means a generic large bird. Obviously in this context vulture are meant rather than eagles as we distinguish them in modern taxonomy. So there is no cryptic reference to jesus' body here. Matt is using the illustrations he inherited from his source (Q?) as does Luke but Luke condenses the sequece to two words, "Where Lord?"

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Also the Rev story has symbolism borrowed from popular motifs. The woman is given wings of an eagle (large bird) and she escapes tot he wilderness, she is not taken to "the wilderness where eagles are gathered" as youv'e suggested.

• Bas
    Bas

I'd like to think of God and Satan as the same power...If you like, God can be evil and the devil can be good. It probably doesn't make much sense to you but I think as reality is as grey as it is (and not black/white), then probably the higher power(s) are/is too. I honestly believe that thinking in terms of Devil/God is not very fertile thing to do. It easily leads to judging people to be totally good or totally evil, and that's evil i think.

Bas

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Bas if you were speaking to me, I agree that life is rarely black and white. And real power to control people lies in convincing them it is.

• myelaine
    myelaine

peacefulpete,

I did not mean to imply that the woman was TAKEN into the wilderness. She was aided by the two wings of an eagle, and I would say eagle because in Rev 4:7 one creature in the midst of and around the throne is said to be an eagle, which denotes majesty, unlike a vulture. I just can't see Gods woman aided by something as vile as the vulture, sorry.

I was not saying that the body of Jesus would be anywhere, but the body of Christ, the bride. I say this because, (Lu17:20-21) asks the question WHEN? and Jesus says you will not see it, the kingdom is WITHIN YOU. His answer is to WHERE. In vs 30 He speaks to WHEN, in the day WHEN the Son of Man is revealed. Then He tells HOW the day of the Son of Man will be revealed. We already know that WHERE is, WITHIN YOU(the bride/body of Christ) then in vs 37 the question is WHERE again, and Jesus says where ever the body is.....there the eagles would be gathered. Again, I can't see vultures gathered around the body of Christ, the bride

michelle

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

that's just a hint that jesus is the false prophet and his bride is a harlot.

• myelaine
    myelaine

These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like brass: I know your works, love,service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. "Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and begile My servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat things sacrificed to idols. And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. "Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. "And I will kill her children with death. And all the churches shall know that I am He who serches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works. But to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, and who have not know the depths of Satan, as they call them, I will put on you no other burden. "But hold fast what you have till I come. "And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations--

He shall rule them with a rod of iron; As the potter's vessels shall be broken to pieces--

as I also have received from My Father;

"and I will give him the morning star, "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches,"'

And I heard another voice from heaven saying, Come out of her, My people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.

michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit