PURPOSE

by myelaine 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

There is also the fact that the YHWH god refered to itself as Baal - the Cannanite god, which was shown in the form of a bull: (Hosea 2:16 ) 16 And in that day, says the LORD, you will call me, 'My husband,' and no longer will you call me, 'My Ba'al.'

The NTW uses a different word from Ba'al with a margin reference that one must look up to see that the scripture refers to Ba'al

(Hosea 2:16) 16 And it must occur in that day,? is the utterance of Jehovah, ?that you will call [me] My husband, and you will no longer call me My owner*.? ----- * Or, "My baal." Heb., ba`·l.

http://www.bibleorigins.net/YahwehsBovineFormsImages.html

Baal-Adad, god of the Storm Cloud, storm clouds being called "Adad's Calves" (Yahweh manifested himself at Mt. Sinai as a storm cloud, shortly after a "Golden Calf" was made). From a stela found at Bethsaida, Samaria. Note the f"ull-frontal view" reminescent of "Yahweh of Samaria and his Asherah" found at Kuntillet`Ajrud. This maybe the genetic prototype behind the Kuntillet rendering ? Baal-Hadad transformed himself into a Bull in order to mate with his lover-sister, Anat who transformed herself into a Heifer. A potsherd found in Samaria was inscribed egeliah, "bull-calf of yah" suggesting Israel understood the calf was associated with the worship of yah or Yahweh, not some Egyptian god like the Apis bull. As Yahweh was also called Baal (cf. Hosea 2:16), perhaps Yah/Yahweh, like Baal, could assume the form bull or bull calf (Anat's search for her dead lover, Baal was portrayed as "like a cow seeking after its calf" suggesting Baal in death could be likened to a calf ? In other words, I am suggesting that the Golden Calf WAS Yah/Yahweh and he was a type of Baal, and assimilated bull-calf aspects of Baal (p.55, figure1.28, Ephraim Stern. Archaeology of the Land of the Bible, The Assyrian, Babylonian, and Persian Periods, 732-332 BCE. New York. Doubleday. 2001).

So there you have it... If you ever wondered what Jehover looked like, there it is.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jehovah don't show on my comp. I guess he doesn't like me

S

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I did a quick edit... you should be able to see it now.

(Anyway, according to the bible Jehover is very shy and doesn't like for people to see what it looks like)

• myelaine
    myelaine

Elsewhere,

There is also the fact that the YHWH god refered to itself as Baal - the Cannanite god, which was shown in the form of a bull: (Hosea 2:16 ) 16 And in that day, says the LORD, you will call me, 'My husband,' and no longer will you call me, 'My Ba'al.'

The NTW uses a different word from Ba'al with a margin reference that one must look up to see that the scripture refers to Ba'al

(Hosea 2:16) 16

And it must occur in that day,? is the utterance of Jehovah, ?that you will call [me] My husband, and you will no longer call me My owner*.? ----- * Or, "My baal." Heb., ba`·l .

De 32:28......Isa1:3

the scripture ref's point to the fact that Israel didn't understand their God. God didn't call himself Ba'al, He said that they would no longer call Him "my master" but my husband. In the restoration, Israel will know their God and they will no longer call Him false names., but will understand that He is their Husband NOT their owner.

michelle

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    the scripture ref's point to the fact that Israel didn't understand their God. God didn't call himself Ba'al, He said that they would no longer call Him "my master" but my husband. In the restoration, Israel will know their God and they will no longer call Him false names.

I don't buy it. The passage seems very simple and to the point. Jehover said "longer will you call me, 'My Ba'al".

It takes a major leap to come to any other conclusion.

With the Egyptian god Yah who looked like a calf and the Canaanite god Baal who looked like a cow and a storm cloud, put that together with the Hebrews worshiping a calf and Jehover appearing as a storm cloud on Mt. Sinai... it just seems painfully obvious that the Hebrews did the same thing that many other cultures did: They borrowed characteristics of other gods to create their own new god.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I love the movie The Jerk with Steve Martin when he finds his "Special Purpose"

http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/mp3s.cgi?Jerk=special.mp3

• myelaine
    myelaine

Elsewhere,

you said: They borrowed characteristics of other gods to create their own new god.

Yes they did...Exodus 32:1...."Get up, make for us a god who will go ahead of us, because.....(they were impatient)

Sounds like the birth of the WBTS to me with the GB sanctioning it.

michelle

• Lambchop
  • kls
    kls

Welcome Lambchop,,,,,,,,,try again your post didn't show

• Elsewhere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit