PURPOSE

by myelaine 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Ths story depicts God in a primative dualistic role as good and bad incarnate. Also the Egyptian priests were agents of very real deities in the minds of the authors of the tale. The priest were able to create living snakes from wood and bugs from ash and frogs etc. The God of the Israelites is quoted as saying that he personally was "hardening Pharoh's heart" so as to make an example of him and create a legend about himself that would be retold to generations. This is a legend that has no basis in fact or history, it is religious propaganda from a time when is was ok to depict the gods as morally arbitrary.

• Brummie
    Brummie

So Pharoah as an enemy of God was used as an example (by Jah) to show the nations how NOT to mock God?

To be like Pharoah (an enemy of God) would bring about embarrasment for Pharoah?

Am I following this right?

So, just like Pharoah, the Watchtower is Gods enemy and is waiting to be embarrased for their mockery of God?

Right? Or should *I* go back to bed?

• myelaine
    myelaine

itsallgoodnow,

The Modern day Pharoah class?

Well, that's not really what I'm saying.

Pharaoh- wrong, but more acceptable than walking around in the wilderness not knowing where you are going (Russell's teachings which evolved into WBTS) see Exodus 14:11-12

Israelities- true worshipers and apostate (witnesses)

Aaron-has a hand in leading Israel into apostasy, sets up the golden calf and encourages worship. (GB)

So, I suppose, I'm calling the GB a modern day Aaron. Unfortunately, there has been no Moses to come down off the mountain to set them strait, YET.

michelle

• jula71
    jula71

"For the scripture says to Pharaoh," Even for this same purpose I have raised you up, that I might show My power in you, and that My name might be declared in all the earth."

Here's what I got out of it. Once again the topic of freewill comes into play. God raised Pharaoh up to be like that just so God could beat him up to show how powerful he is? Could Pharaoh have gone along with God?s plan from the beginning? If so, would there be a display of power? Did Pharaoh even have a choice?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Myelaine

I am sure you're right.

Rom 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

But, what do I know? I'm a hyper-Calvinist.

D Dog

• myelaine
    myelaine

jula71,

God ALLOWED Pharaoh to rise up. I don't think God caused him to rise up just to be killed off. At every step of the way God, through Moses, gave him opportunity to change his heart towards the Israelites. This shows that Pharoah had free will and was exercising it, to his own disadvantage. Because Pharoah would not let Gods people go, God was able to display His power.

michelle

• robhic
    robhic
    Pharaoh- wrong, but more acceptable than walking around in the wilderness not knowing where you are going (Russell's teachings which evolved into WBTS) see Exodus 14:11-12

But then there is abolutely no evidence, archeologically or in ancient writings, that prove the 40 years of wandering the desert, either... It's physically impossible if you try to parallel it to reality. The logisitcs alone are staggering.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    For the scripture says to Pharaoh," Even for this same purpose I have raised you up, that I might show My power in you, and that My name might be declared in all the earth."

Perhaps this is a reference to the origin of YHWH: Yah.

Yah was an Egyptian sun god and it is strongly suspected that the Hebrews adopted this god as their own during their captivity. This god was depicted as a calf, which would also explain why the Hebrews built a golden calf to worship after they escaped Egypt.

http://www.bibleorigins.net/YahwehsBovineFormsImages.html

• Honesty
    Honesty
    While looking for and answer to a question this morning I came across a scripture that REALLY made me think about the role that the WBTS might play in Gods plan. The scripture is:

These scriptures better fit the role the Witch Tower Babble and Trick Society plays in God's plans:

Deuteronomy 18-20-22

1 John 2:26,27

Matthew 24:15

Mark 13:14

• myelaine
    myelaine

Elsewhere,

The Israelites were told not to make images to worship AFTER they fashioned the calf, any who did after the ten C's were apostate weren't they?

Honesty,

1 John 2:26,27

Matthew 24:15

Mark 13:14

I don't see where these scriptures describe the "role" of the WBTS. There may be a "parallel" in that the WBTS could be the abomination of desolation, but I'm afraid I don't understand why 1 John 2:26-27 is listed.

michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit