Homosexuality and how should a JW or 'Study' view it?

by AnitainFlorida 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

BeeBee. I second that

• sad and lonely
    sad and lonely

i feel if you truely believe what the bible say..you have to stay away from that kind of life style.but i feel sorry for those who are when they're getting based..some really do feel that they were born that way...i can't say they're lying...because i'm not in their head.but to me the way the world climes their back...i know i wouldn't want to go thought that mess.again there are those who chose to live that way.that's them..i hate no one because my heart is too big.i leave it up to god.but if i see someone gay or not that needs help,and i can help then...i would!

• sad and lonely
    sad and lonely

well! i feel like this ...people take the bible and make it what they want.if god says its a sin.then it is..no man on earth is over god.now i don't care what anyone does with their life..its on them.as long as they don't hurt anyone they chose to be with .if they're honest about their sexualitly.then its up to their choosen mate.that life style isn't my thing..because i love men.but again i don't judge anyone.i'm a caring person and if i see anyone no matter what their sexuality is, in need of help.if i can be there i would.because i love people,and as a christian i suppose to.too many christians i know think they're sitting on the right hand of god,who has so much sin in them its a shame,yet they get around strangers and act all holy,when i seen things that make me say...oooooooook!,so no one can truely say..there on skeletons in their closets...i know there's some in mine!...peace!

• joelbear
    joelbear

I am a pro homosexual. I was an amateur homosexual, but I turned pro and so I cannot play in the homosexual olympics.

The bible encourages people to reflect upon their own life and not on the lives of others, but few do that.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Abbaddon,

In light of this knowledge condemning someone for their homosexuality is like condemning someone for their diabetes.

Or their manual dexterity, color sense, or fine singing voice

gentlyferal

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose
    And PLEASE, no pro-homosexuality:(

Are you kidding me? You post on a site you obviously haven't looked around (or you'd realize you get a whole mixed bag of people here) and put a disclaimer on it.

I grew up without religion, because my parents didn't feel they needed it in their life. You were, by your own admission, a pagan for most of your life (and I make no judgment on that...I know many beautiful souls who are pagan). So presumably your daughter grew up in a lifestyle that could have been considered not quite mainstream, right? Even if you believe in only environment playing a factor in behaviour, don't you think that maybe her formative years *may* play a part in her lifestyle now? Even if they don't, what on earth makes her habits any of your business?

You've had a change of heart about how you want to live your life. That's your business. Choosing to babysit or not is your business, and your bed to lay in should you alienate your family over it. What your adult daughter does is hers.

Even "Christian" people say love the sinner, hate the sin. If you love your family you won't close doors over their choices.

And if you really feel the need to back up your "stand" on this with information you might as well go to any fundamentalist right-wing political/religious site on the net, they will have scriptures left, right, and centre that condemn homosexuality. Whether or not they're in context is another thing.

My 2 cents.

• steve2
    steve2
    A practicing homosexual is no worse in God's eyes than someone who practices slander, lying, stealing, heterosexual fornication, etc.

Clearly Fair Mind is not a homosexual or inclined to have homosexual desires so he/she can have the luxury of pontificating on a topic that is reduced to a lifestyle choice. I like the comparison with heterosexual fornication. Hmmmm...I get it: it's not so much heterosexuality that's being condemned as it is fornication. Nice of you to lump a homosexual like me in with slanderers, liars, those who steal and heterosexual fornicators. I've come over all nice and goosebumply. By the way, I'm a perfectionist: that's why I spend my time being a practising homosexual: I so want to get it right.

• Abaddon
  • Abaddon
    Abaddon

FairMind

I don't understand your opinion.

You seem to argue that some ink on a page must be taken as god's will, even if one's mind can see that the ink on the page was a reflection of a culture's values rather than god's values.

If the book is god will, how do you explain situations like the example I gave, where god is portrayed as consigning an entire generation of a captured city's virgin girls to the sexual service of those who butchered their entire families?

Do you think female sexual servitude is something that god would consider good? It's in the Bible; I can give you the references if you are not familiar enough with the Bible to know the verses I rfer to off the top of your head.

If you don't think that god could consider such an action good, then the story must be a reflection of the values of the people who wrote it... and please don't think this is the only example!

It the Bible merely reflects the values of the society that it comes from, then likewise prohibitions like homosexuality must be as cultural as those against wearing garments without fringes - unless one claims to have inspiration over what bits of the Bible are cultural bias and which bits are really what god wanted to communicate to mankind.

You are elevating men's ideas and a book to the level of god, or accepting unproven claims to divine inspiration.

Surely someone really desirous of doing gods will will actually be sure IT IS his will they are doing - rather than joining in centuries old bigotry which never ever came from god.

Because, you see, there are loads and loads of examples of 'gay' animals; if homosexuality was contrary to god's will, then surely animals (in the wild in their natural environment) would not show homosexual behaviour. I can give examples if you're unaware of this.

You also lump activities that harm others (stealing, lying) with activities that don't harm others (like homosexuality). Can you explain the logic of this?

joelbear

Hi joel. How's life treating you?

Gently

Exactomondo. How's tricks?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Remember, the Bible is God's Word so if you're a homosexual you should be stoned to death (Leviticus 20:13) and if you rape a virgin, you should be forced to marry her (Deuteronomy 22:28,29).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit