Do you sense "a sense of urgency" in the congregations?

by truthseeker 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Maybe a "sense of urgency" for all this depressive,exhausting,do more,more,more attitude to come to an end.

• BU2B
    BU2B

bumping good old threads ;)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What truthseeker said in the opening post is exactly what I've been telling my JW friends (who will listen). IF they really believed The End(TM) was so very, very close then they would sell everything and do more more more to assure themselves of God's favor.

Today, like 8 years ago, they are just going through the motion.

Thanks for bumping this BU2B.

Doc

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

The other day, my JW boyfriend and I were talking about how everyone is going to die someday, including us. We're only in our 20s. He clearly doesn't think the end is coming in his lifetime. That's probably why he's still on the JW fence. "Eh, Big J is taking his time. So will I."

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Sometime, when I have to pee... and I've been holding it in a real long time and I don't know if I'm going to make it or not but I don't want to speed because there are a lot of jerk cops in my area and so I just try to breath calmly - in. out. in. out - and then I hit a red light... then I have a feeling of urgency.

Other than that, I don't have that... AND NEITHER DOES ANY JEHOVAH'S WITNESS.

What they have is urgency to convert and urgency to get their way, they have an urgency to be RIGHT. They have NO urgency about the actual 'end of days' or time in general. In fact, I noticed (I posted this elsewhere) that as people get older in the "truth" they get so used to waking up and it NOT being in the new system, they become complacent about what they do, how they do it, and (worse) the effect they have on others.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

So many dreams, so many hopes of a new world had I. Now most everyone I know who was a Witness is dying or has passed on.

Will there be a new world? Maybe. Will it be in my lifetime? Probably not, I don't know. If it comes, it comes. If not, then it didn't, nothing can be done about it.

Make good the time you have, because 70 or 80 years goes by much faster than you think....

• steve2
    steve2

The soberingly ineffable truth is that we will all of us individually die before the world does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit