Marriage Proposal.

by Englishman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I just found out today that my JW Mum has turned down a proposal of marriage for the fourth time. None of the proposals were from the same guy either, although all 4 were JW's. I'm also told that Mum's considered quite a dish for an octogenarian.

However, I'm also reliably informed that one of the main reasons for her refusals is because of the DF'd "state" of my Kid Brother and myself.

See, she's considered a mature dub, one of the elite, and she also gets her own quiet ration of new light. However, when the DF'ing rules were relaxed, she took them to heart and re-established contact with us 2 bad lads. When the rules were re-written again and re-enforced, she took the view that as neither of us wereapostate or living in sin, then she could maintain contact... 2 non-smoking, non-fornicating, non-blood taking, non idol worshippers, that's us.

Well, she's apparently twigged that if she does re-marry, new hubby will most certainly not be welcoming us 2 likely lads into the marital home with open arms. So she's chosen not to marry again.

I don't know how I feel about that.

Englishman.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I think yer mum deserves the "Mum of the Year" award, two dozen roses and a huge box of the finest chocolates for her loyalty to her sons.

J

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

You'd better do something nice for her & bring her a gift for Mother's Day.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

My mom's 83 and I would raise bloody hell if some "brother" started coming on to her now. I already had to contend with one MS who was trying to convince her to sell her house to him at a "pioneer rate".

Walter

• talesin
    talesin

I can think of a few words, perhaps ... overwhelmed .... filled with love for mom .... happy, but secretly a little guilty that she may deprive herself of some happiness for you ... proud that your mom loves you so much ...

t

• love11
    love11

Umm... Geesh... I don't know. I think it's more likely that she's trying to protect her assets. Instead of admitting that she has no interest of throwing her hip in the throws of passion or losing her childrens inheritance to an idiot, she's telling "you boys" that it's your fault to instill guilt. That's just my 2 cents.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

What JeannieBeans and Dan-O said!

Give yur mum a giant box of chocolates and a huge batch of roses! Both you and your brother. Don't wait til 'mums day either. She's precious

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

She deserves your love and respect. She obviously is a great mom, and going against the grain with the JW's is not for the faint of heart, I admire that she would be willing to give up companionship just to make sure her boys remain in her life.

Dragonlady76

• JW83
    JW83

LOL love11! And congrats to your mum - I could only muster up one semi-proposal & I was 24!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman
    I think yer mum deserves the "Mum of the Year" award, two dozen roses and a huge box of the finest chocolates for her loyalty to her sons.
    You'd better do something nice for her & bring her a gift for Mother's Day

be sure you don't give it on Mother's Day but on an average one.....

You and your brother are just lucky guys.... (and I think your mother is a lucky too)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit