How unlucky can Charles and Camilla get?!

by nicolaou 15 Replies latest social current

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

First they plan to get married in Windsor Castle but that goes wrong and they end up in the Town Hall. Then 'Mummy' decides that she won't attend the actual wedding ceremony, nor will Prince Philip. Then Charles is told he must repent for his affair with Camilla and apologise to her first husband, Andrew Parker Bowles. Even the flipping postage stamps got bad press!

Now, to cap it all, The Pope's funeral has been annouced for - wait for it - Friday 8th of April, you guessed it, their wedding day!!

You have to laugh.

• outnfree
    outnfree

I am laughing!

So when will Prince Charles be giving up his right to succession?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Not as unlucky as Princess Di

• Scully
    Scully

They were reporting on the news this morning that Prince Charles made a statement to the effect that he would be willing to set another date for the royal wedding since it is on the same day as the pope's funeral. I bet Camilla is just seething about that. Everyone - even the pope - has conspired to ruin her wedding to Charles!!

I wonder if the Vatican even took into consideration that it was the date set for Charles and Camilla's wedding. I bet they probably did!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    I wonder if the Vatican even took into consideration that it was the date set for Charles and Camilla's wedding. I bet they probably did!

They're saying, "We'll get those apostates!"

Kwin

• Englishman
    Englishman
    They were reporting on the news this morning that Prince Charles made a statement to the effect that he would be willing to set another date for the royal wedding since it is on the same day as the pope's funeral.

But Henry V111, Charles's ancestor, made the break with Rome so that he could get married! Now Charles is willing to delay it? What an about face!

Plus, only 8% of the UK are Catholic, 8%! What are we getting involved in any of this for at all? It's nothing to do with us! I bet Charlie boy wouldn't have delayed his wedding because of the death of a Moslem leader.

Englishman.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well the poor devil has to really- so many dislike him anyway- If he is to be king- he cant really avoid such a worldwide event- It would make him MORE enemies. !!! Di would be having a ball about all this "revenge is sweet" she would think ( my opinion)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Ummm... folks... it has nothing to do with whether or not England has anything to do with the Catholic Church.

It has everything to do with media coverage - and ratings.

You put two events on the air at the same time - only one will get the coverage and air time that they are wanting.

Prince Charles is wanting his wedding (or at least Camilla is) broadcast worldwide. He would only be a footnote in the local papers if he tries to compete with the Pope's funeral.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Brother Beyond
    Brother Beyond

I've just been listening to a radio debate; It seems that there is an even split.

Some think that Charles & Camilla ought to postpone their wedding out of respect for the Pope.

Others however seem to be blaming the Vatican for not taking into consideration that Friday was Charles and Camilla's wedding day!!

How long before the conspiracy theories begin?; Maybe they will suggest that the Pope died this week deliberately to snub the Royal wedding.

Still it does seem that their impending wedding has been dogged by disaster.

My opinion, for what its worth is that maybe its time we Brits decided that the Royal family has run its course and abolished Royalty altogether.

After all the only real value they bring is to the tourist industry!!

BB

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Back in the summer of 1997, I knew of a guy who is well known (worked for him for a brief period of time) who was able to get a spot promoting something on the Today Show. He was excited about it, told and called everyone he knew that he was flying to NYC to have his 5 minutes of fame. I came into the office the weekend after Diana died and he told me the great news. I told him he probably wouldn't get on the Today Show as Diana's funeral was scheduled that day. He was so angry, yelled at me and told me I was dead wrong. I told him to call his contact with the Today Show to find out...he did and his spot on the Today Show was cancelled...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit