Is there a slowdown in congregation get togethers?

by truthseeker 44 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

Bump// I think this is why the young people are mostly drifting away.. They have no JW friends and no fun. They cant play sports, or have "worldly" friends so why would they stick with it? In my cong, there are 0 get togethers, no encouragement and no fun. Only meetings and Feild serve-us.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I'm going to a party tonight. Parties I went to sent the beginning of 2014 has been 5.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I think I must have been part of the cool clique, we did lots of things. I even had to make decisions on which trips to take. I hung out with people from all over my state. I bet I knew and spent time with people from 10 or 15 different congregations.

One that we did regularly and I am suprised we never got counceled on, for a weekend every year a large group would rent out an entire motel on a lake.

There were a few elders on the trip and I don't think anything bad ever happend. If I remember corectly we even had the WT study on Sunday mornings. It was a blast. One year we found a dead body in the lake and had to turn to the bible to see if it was ok to swim there that day.

So sad that things like that aren't the norm. Honestly the expiriences I had there were really what I would have thought the new system would be like.

I'm pretty sure that the FDS will even ruin the new system with their rules.

Speaking of Clique I found an interesting definition when spell checking it:

Clique - In the social sciences, the word "clique" is used to describe a group of 2 to 12 "persons who interact with each other more regularly and intensely than others in the same setting".

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

OP: "Even at conventions though, the dubs are told not to go outside for lunch, regardless of whether it is a nice day of not"

That is not true. It was said not to go to restaurants, but stay on the grounds and eat with the friends.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The social aspect is the only part of it that made it bearable and is what is keeing it alive. Take that away and they'd stop going altogether.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit