What is a clear, concise definiton of SPIRITUALITY?????

by jazbug 16 Replies latest jw friends

• jazbug
    jazbug

tODAY'S BUZZWORDS ARE "I'm not religious, I'm spiritual."

Anyone have an understandable meaning to SPIRITUALITY that's not riddled with doublespeak.

Thanks, Jazbug

• El blanko
    El blanko

That is a little difficult in my humble opinion. From person to person 'spirituality' appears to be defined in a slightly different way.

To me, a person who defines part of their character as having a spiritual dimension is alluding to an awareness of an invisible presence operating in their life, often of the 'God' variety

Or, on the other hand, they may be aware of innate connectivity with other conscious beings, in the sense of we are all connected to one big organic matrix that lies beyond the accepted 5 physical senses.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If you are a dub , you might be "spritual" if :

You feel guilty if you forgot to read the daytext

You always read the Bible reading assigned for the 'school', and those pre memorial chapters

You never let a week go by without some field service

you can always remember where that scripture is.

Your conversation is peppered with scripture and WT quotes

You answer up at least three times on a Sunday

• Golf
    Golf

A person who 'exudes' genuine moral qualities. Not a hypocrite.

Golf

• JAVA
    JAVA

Spirituality means being spiritual. The word is typically used in a religious concept in contrast to material or worldly things. It?s different from the word ?pious? (which can be seen) in that it?s connected to the mind, spirit, or temperament. I believe it?s a difficult word to define because refinement and concern for ?higher things in life? is hard to pin down and put into words.

• JAVA
    JAVA
    If you are a dub , you might be "spritual" if :

Brother Blues' definition is a lot more creative and fun to read than the one I posted. This must be a "sign" that he's more spiritual than me. (Now where's the WT and highlighter; I'll make 4 comments during the WT Study!)

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Glenfiddich

• Undecided
    Undecided

Since something spiritual can't be seen or heard, how can you define it? It's something of the imagination, in the brain and can effect the way you live, think, and beleive. Damn, I don't know what it really is. I gave up on it.

Ken P.

• upside/down
    upside/down

My wifes ass in candle light!

My kids with smiles on their faces.

u/d

• Carmel
    Carmel

Spirituality is demonstrated by practicing the virtues (beatitudes for Xtians).

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit