Is it ok to be critical of the pope yet?????????

by tyydyy 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Pwned
    Pwned

Does anyone else remember certain dubs expressing dissapointment when the assasination attempts against the pope failed? pretty twisted. ( make note scholar i said certain dubs not all dubs)

• tyydyy
    tyydyy
    THERE LITTLE TRUTH APPEARING IN MOST OF THOSE POSTS.

Please. This is a discussion forum. Could you point out the falsehoods or will you be like the JWs and end the subject when you don't like how it's going?

And there's no need to tell me how I feel. I think my feelings are obvious since I'm actually willing to have a discussion.

TimB

• Gozz
    Gozz

The pope, as of the time of this post, is still (officially) alive.

The memory of the Holy Father John Paul II must be haunted by the very curious handling of the alledged child-molester Cardinal Bernard Law of Boston, who fled jurisdiction is Boston and wa offered lavish assylum at the Holy See. A great man, sure, but how can anyone forget this singular issue?!

• dh
    dh

Criticise a man when he's alive, criticise a man when he's dead, but criticise a man when he is dying... I think that's just bad taste. Let him die, then say your bit.

Die Hard JP, we will miss you.

alt

"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you."

• Gozz
    Gozz

This is sublime humour! Apparently, someone dying isn't alive, eh!

The Pope is dying, right; but portrying the Holy Father as all goodness and kindness without serious faults is just plain wrong, and untruthful. Yeah, that can well be done on the teevee, but here too?! C'mon, wake up, and smell the incense.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

"TASTE" I keep hearing that word. "I do not think it means what you think it means"

Do you honestly think that people won't be offended if we criticise the pope after he's dead? Ha. Maybe we should establish, right now, an appropriate mourning period. Something that suit EVERYONE'S tastes.

Let's talk about all the people who were critical of the US army in Iraq while they were dying every day. Is that in poor taste? Or poor timing? I personally don't think so. But maybe we should ask the moderators their definition of taste before we start a discussion.

TimB

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

You said only the FACTS were posted, I disagree. Many postings said that the Pope put himself in a place of worship...that Catholics worshipped the Pope (this is NOT a teaching, the Pope is not to be worshipped)...The Pope was worse than the Pharisees...NEVER exercised any discipline....the Pope is Dead. I don't have time to go into all this, I don't have hours to spend on a computer. I don't even know how to do the yellow highlite thing!!! Everyone is entitled to their opinions, these are some of the Untrue Statements.

Please. This is a discussion forum. Could you point out the falsehoods or will you be like the JWs and end the subject when you don't like how it's going?

And there's no need to tell me how I feel. I think my feelings are obvious since I'm actually willing to have a discussion.

You brought up the feelings, I was just responding to it.

I don't think you need to tell me I'll be like the JWs if I end the subject when I don't like how it's going. That statement sounds like something a JW would say. Perhaps you shoud look at the JW traits that you yourself might still have hanging on?

Tim, I enjoy what I learn from people on this board, I just don't like it when anybody, on the board, on the radio, tv, in person...blasts statements of hatred and bias against individuals . That's where this post was going and I respect the move to stop it.

Shalom. AuntieJane.

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

Well

tyydyy is absolutely right if you englishman felt that some said something wrong then lock them not the entire thread.

and BTW it shows ignorance to say that he is a "good man", anyway many feel sorry about him because they decided to parade a man with an illness and who woudn't feel sorry about that (I would feel sorry for a cat or a dog in that state). They just saw him as an old man, definately not their leader, remember that only few give a shit about what he says.

Come to Italy (defiantely chatholic) ask people if they are chatolics and they'll say yes, then ask would you have sex before marriage? yes, would you use condoms or pills before/after marriage? yes. Then say "but the pope says not to do it", they will just laugh in your face..................Nobody think that you should actually listen to him (I find that great!!!!) JWs should learn that too

The man is about to die and my God judge him, but you people stay calm it's another man dieing and he wasn't better than each and every single one of you all......... not special I'm afraid, actually some of you may be more special than him......

Also "leaders" don't get discounts when they die, you can carry on biting them....... It's in the job description.....

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I've been avoiding the news as I don't like to hear all the over the top sentimentality when someone famous dies. Princess Diana was a good example.

I think every death is sad, and we are all of equal importance.

However, if someone feels the need to criticise the Pope at this time, does that mean they are still under the power of JWs. It seems the org may have done a permanent job on some folks.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

However, if someone feels the need to criticise the Pope at this time, does that mean they are still under the power of JWs. It seems the org may have done a permanent job on some folks.

My sentiments exactly. I'm outta here for the weekend,

Shalom.

auntieJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit