Is it ok to be critical of the pope yet?????????

by tyydyy 62 Replies latest jw friends

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Here we go again. Censorship Borg style. Somebody killed the Pope's last poop thread just because someone else was offended when I mentioned that I think that he wasn't such a good guy. If you think you might be offended by what's said in a thread then don't read it. I think it was very obvious what kind of posts would appear in a thread titled the POPE's last poop. IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET YOUR FEELINGS HURT BY THE TRUTH THEN GO BACK TO THE WITNESSES!

Pansies

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Buddy why don't you just relax a little bit. The guy just died for Christ's sake.

GBL

• tyydyy
    tyydyy
    The guy just died for Christ's sake

And what is that supposed to mean to me? There are thousands dying every minute. What makes him so special? Why do we need to protect the image of a reprehensible religious leader just because he's dead?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Its just about human respect, tyydyy. We dignify ourselves when we show respect, we dishonor ourselves when we lack it. I dont think anyone here will argue that he didnt have faults, if you have something to say, just say it. Dont expect a long and glorious thread on the subject today.

IPSec

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Maybe it was the thread title and the timing of it itself?

I'm no Catholic or JW, but I can't say I'd be happy to hear about Jaracz or whatever GB leader of the WT dying or the pope, even though I don't agree with either. I probably feel a little more sense of loss regarding the pope, mainly because he's so well-known to the world and has at least seemingly tried to make some differences that were respectable over time -- at least from what I've heard, admitting I don't keep up with a lot of catholicism-related news.

I'd rather see the death of the WT, for example, than members/leaders of the WT; but I can respect if others have been personally hurt and feel a stronger sense of hatred for either leaders of the WT or catholic church...

• Flash
    Flash

People usualy take a breather from critisizing someone when they die...until the emotion wears off anyway. Then their 'fair game' again.

IMO John Paul was a political showman more than anything.

• talesin
    talesin

I missed the original thread ...

I was watching the news today about the Pope, and thought about how SICK TO DEATH I am of the world treating him as if he was something special ... there are so many unsung heroes out there, and who is he???

He`s just the figurehead for a huge money-making operation. I apologize to all the RCs who may be offended by that, but my friends in RL who are RC, would agree!!

t

• beebee
    beebee

Pope ain't dead yet.

Besides, our country (USA) was founded on freedom of speech, even hate speech, and most of you left the borg for the very reason that you wanted freedom to think and speak.

Shouldn't this board reflect that basic American right, even though the board is populated by other nationalities as well?

• Valis
    Valis
    Somebody killed the Pope's last poop thread just because someone else was offended when I mentioned that I think that he wasn't such a good guy.

It really isn't "all about you" Tim...*LOL*

One thread on the subject being locked out of the many yet to come about this topic and you have your panties in a wad. The thread was locked, it was not deleted. Let's be real here and cut the "borg style" crap Tim. One would like to think that because you are making good points in a thread everyone else is doing the same, but that simply isn't the case. So c'mon...chill out hoss..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Ty,

At least his going is noted by the whole world. Will yours? Now, don't be jealous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit