Watchtower and Awake in the waiting room

by kj 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• franklin J
    franklin J

As I recall, someone here once posted that they were applying red stickers on W's & A's which read "WARNING; cult material".

Perhaps the addition of www. jehovahs-witness.com, would be helpful as well. Maybe we should start a Laundromat and waiting-room campaign

I love it! Count me IN!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I love it! I'll do the same with at least a pen on the front.

I used to read them for current BS then throw them away. I like the anti-witness campaign instead.

• Scully
    Scully

I've found the mags in the waiting areas at the hospital too. I've written www.silentlambs.org and www.jehovahs-witness.com on the cover.

I've also been known to shove them in the box that contains documents that are headed for the shredder.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I've also been known to shove them in the box that contains documents that are headed for the shredder.

Hmmm Shredder Fodder.......

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I normally place them in the Round File.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Oh the good ole days. I remember sitting on planes, trains or in waiting rooms, trying to 'share' my watchtower and awake with strangers.

• trinity83
    trinity83
    As I recall, someone here once posted that they were applying red stickers on W's & A's which read "WARNING; cult material".

Perhaps the addition of www. jehovahs-witness.com, would be helpful as well. Maybe we should start a Laundromat and waiting-room campaign

I'm in as well!!!!

I remember when it was me leaving those rags at offices or taking them my teachers at school.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Some good ideas have been discussed in this thread--ones I've never heard of or thought of myself. IMO, though, I wonder how much impact a simple listing of a web site would even have. People in waiting rooms usually have a lot of other things on their mind, and no immediate access to a computer. I wonder how many people would write down a web site address and look it up when they got home.

I do like the idea of the "cult material" sticker. Red or neon attracts attention, too.

What about stapling some anti-witnessing facts inside the magazines? This way, when someone opens it up, they would see some serious facts about the dubs. Drug stores have little staplers that could fit in your pocket. It may be helpful to staple several copies of the anti-witnessing stuff inside, so there will be enough in the event someone removes it for their own personal reading later on.

I have an anti-witnessing web site. If anyone is interested, I could try to adjust the material to fit inside of the magazines and email it out to you in a Word document. Someone would have to tell me the exact measurements of the magazines though.

Another thing that could be stapled inside: the Canadian JW situation where the elders affirmatively attempted to hide records of counseling a molester from the police, which can be obtained below. Of course, the document would need to be summarized in everyday language in order to be useful, with a citation as to where to find it for verification.

Click here:
    http://www.lawsociety.sk.ca/newlook/Library/fulltextnew.htm
    In the Access Number line, Type in the Code: QB04489
    Then use your mouse and click on "Submit Query". A new web page will show up.
    Then click on the url that states "KILBREATH V. SASKATCHEWAN (ATTORNEY GENERAL)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Another thought: Try writing a letter to the doctor/practice manager about the JWs and letting them know that someone is putting the magazines in their office. The mags are probably left there w/o the health care provider's permission. If it were me getting a letter telling me child molester conspirator organizations were leaving mags in my waiting room, I'd check every day and throw them away.

• sf
    sf

As I was leaving Vons supermarket last week, I saw a Watchtower in an empty cart. I took my pen out of my purse and wrote a small message: "child sexual abuse as epidemic as it is in Catholic church...are your children really safe?" I then wrote out silentlambs.org site. On the back I wrote: "To learn the real truth about the Jehovah's Witness church, go to freeminds.org".

This way the viewer gets both sides of the coin, in my opinion.

I admit I used to just trash them, yet have thought that this is a better way to inoculate the public. I really don't care if a jw sees it. It's important the public does however.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit