The Pope just took his last poop.........

by WingCommander 41 Replies latest social current

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Wing:

There are many who feel the church is worse. But you have to realize it has been around for many centuries as opposed to a little over a century for the other one. (Just think what damage THEY could do if they were around for that long - perish the thought!!!)

LHG

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

I have to respect the man. He has dedicated his whole being to the study and worship of God. Misguided as he may be, he is imperfect as the rest of us are and I imagine God appreciates all he has done that was good. May he rest in peace and enjoy the Kingdom of God.

Granted... I'm not sure how God feels about the Pope putting himself in the position to be worshipped and thought of as perfect as Jesus was. But hey, God's kindness is undeserved, right? Give the man a break why don't ya.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

He is a world religious leader, and a strong one at that. He is a person that wants to praise God to his dying breath, and that he has done. Whether his decisions were rational, fair, just, or not, he still deserves the human dignity of dying in peace, where he wants to, when he wants to.

When a person is dying, it's a common courtesy to just forget the beefs one had with them and just let old dogs lie still. The commentary, I am sure, will start up shortly after his death, and will be the common focus of the media for months to come.

For now, let's just think of a little old man in Italy that is dying, in a small apartment in Italy.. and just think of him as our fellow human. That is what he is, you know...

CG

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    When a person is dying, it's a common courtesy to just forget the beefs one had with them and just let old dogs lie still. The commentary, I am sure, will start up shortly after his death, and will be the common focus of the media for months to come.

For now, let's just think of a little old man in Italy that is dying, in a small apartment in Italy.. and just think of him as our fellow human. That is what he is, you know...

Did this apply to Henschel when he died? Would any ex-JW apply this to any of the Governing Body upon their deathbed?

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Yeah he's just a man.......but he didn't just wake up one day as the pope. He did dedicate his life to his religion which in turn gave him the world. The pope is one of the most powerful people on the planet. When you accept the position and the power then you also have to accept the responsibility. I do not feel pity for him just because he is near the end of his life. What pity did he feel for the pedophile victims under his watch?

I say goodbye to the pope knowing that he will be replaced soon with someone almost as ignorant as he was.

TimB

• prophecor
    prophecor

Did this apply to Henschel when he died? Would any ex-JW apply this to any of the Governing Body upon their deathbed?
    For me, it applies to all, be you the Pope, the President, and every kind of person in between. When the hour of death arrives for anyone, they should given special consideration. We cannot put ourselves in the place of judgement. Our reasoning abilities are far too limited, our understanding too shallow and small. Death will be visited upon us all one day, and one can only hope that when that hour has passed, that there is something on the other side. To be here in this life and all its glory, for only the brief moments that we are here, it would be the greatest tragedy to not be able to enjoy more than these brief moments on this planet.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Why do so many feel that the moment we exit this life is somehow more important, signifigant or precious than any other moment? I think it's because there are so many that fear death and the thought of dying an unpleasant death. I say that if you lived a life that caused, encouraged or condoned pain and suffering for others then you shouldn't expect too much sympathy on your death bed. I have no problem letting him die in peace but I do think that now, while people are talking about him, is the best time to have dialogue about the things this man did that should be avoided in the future as well as the things that should be emulated.

TimB

• Scully
    Scully

He's lived a long and productive and well-lived life. He believes he's going to his "reward" after he dies, and Catholics believe he's going to heaven to be with God when he dies. If they really believe that, why are they so upset? Why do they pray for him NOT to die? Don't they want him to go be with God?

For heaven's sake, please, let him go peacefully, quickly, and comfortably. That's how I'd want to go.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Some of these comments are narrow-minded and disgusting. No matter what the Church history...THIS Pope was/is a blessed man who did more for WORLD PEACE than many world leaders. Sad that many here have to get their jollies by posting their biased opinions. And I was just beginning to like this place.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

To tell you the truth, I don't think it is right to mock someone as they lay dying, no matter what you think about them. He's just an old man taking his last breaths, let him die in peace. Dialog is great, but name calling a dying man is not dialog.

Jeannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit