The Pope just took his last poop.........

by WingCommander 41 Replies latest social current

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Whenever I hear anything about the pope, This South Park image comes to mind...

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Wing

The Vatican of history is much worse than WTS. The WTS today however does less harm to ordinary people than the Vatican.

The Watchtower Society has higher claims on Divine guidance even than the Papacy. The Papacy has a narrower definition of what it says it is infallible about. WTS just avoids that particular word.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

question: since now only his brain and heart are functioning and he's on a feeding tube and he has lost conscienceness(sp?)......does that now put him in the same situation that shiavo was in???

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

correction, I meant WTS today does more harm to ordinary people. The WTS has more in common with Catholicism than most things:

I was brought up a catholic & learned Catholic ?truth? which had the following hallmarks:

• The hierarchy was an essential requirement for order in the Church
    • We were not allowed to read critical writing by ex-Catholics
    • Other documents were presented as necessary in order to understand Scripture
    • The leadership was a necessary link between God and the people
    • Very apocalyptic; prophecies of future events (eg end of the world & imminent possibility of Hell was apocalyptic for every individual)
    • Doctrines changed significantly over time as Church claims special
      insight from God.
    • Leadership demands absolute loyalty, which is contrary to Scripture (Jer 17:5)
    • Those outside (non-Catholics) were considered spiritually inferior
    • Scriptural salvation (by grace not works) was given lip service. But the need to work for salvation (penances & purgatory) was guaranteed

To WTS O would say:

Matthew 7:3-5 (

?Why do you observe the splinter in your brother?s eye and never notice the plank in your own? How dare you say to your brother, let me take the splinter out of your eye, when all the time there is a plank in your own? Hypocrite! Take the plank out of your own eye first, and then you will see clearly enough to take the splinter out of your brother?s eye.?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    question: since now only his brain and heart are functioning and he's on a feeding tube and he has lost conscienceness(sp?)......does that now put him in the same situation that shiavo was in???

No, because his body is failing as well...infection, renal failure and increasing cardiac stress. Schivo's body was otherwise healthy... Since the pope chose not to undergo further care at the hospital, his condition will inevitably deteriorate.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

The pope wasn't a bad guy. I didn't really mind that pope at all.

GBL

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

He's not dead yet

• avishai
    avishai

Vatican is denying papal dirt nap......

• prophecor
    prophecor

I have a lot of respect for this Pope. He's an old man, he looks so tired, have some compassion.

alt and it is a sad thing to see him desperately cling to the final moments of life. Regardless for his religious convictions, his polical leanings, he is no less & no more human than we are. These moments are reflective to some extent when we lost Princess Dianna & Mother Theresa within 72 hours of each other. So too Terri Schiavo & the Popes final hours. Though not biased in any way towards the Catholic religion, we are all only skeletons who will in one way or another be visited with a similar fate. May Jehovah remember the dead.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I just think of him as another guy. I feel sorry for him that he has to go through all this nonsense, and hope his last hours are filled with peace and are relatively pain free. He's just another guy.. he's not God, and he's not anyone special, he's just one of God's children. Just like anyone else.

Peace be with you on your journey to the other side Mr John Paul.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit