What kind of people are attracked to the JWS?

by new boy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

As they say in the car business " there is an ass for every seat"

There has been doom an gloom religions since the begining of time. There will always be someone on the planet who hopes God will kill all the bad people and leave the good ones, meaning them! It makes for A GOOD STORY.

NB

• Purza
    Purza
    Sheep like ones

Exactly. Which means people that don't have a mind of their own and need some one to "shepard" them. IMHO those are people who get sucked up by the JWs.

Purza

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Frankly I am still baffled at some of the seemingly "intelligent" people who are converted by the JW's. But since they are a brain-washing cult, they are just good at what they do--twisting the scriptures and twisting the truth, and also not being up front about all the little "rules" to live by until after a person is baptised. By then it's too late, and the poor misguided person is scared to leave, waiting for Jehovah to rain fire and destruction on their head any time they have a bad thought about the WTS.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Some of us were born into it.

Some of us accepted it.

Some of us accepted it with open arms.

Why? imho, we did so because we had virtually no sense of self-worth; and by the substitutional "virtue" of that (or any other) religion, or family background, or, with all due respect, genetic defect...we surrendered ourselves.

We did, didn't we?

Craig

• upside/down
    upside/down
    When they get love bombed at the hall, in the beginning, they sometimes are hooked.

WTF was I thinking? Didn't I read about how cults love bomb people?

All I can say is I'm guilty of being a dumbass for believing the BS

DITTO! u/d (of the eyes wide open and still got duped class)

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    In the case of myself, those already predisposed to mental illness.

Prophecor,

I agree and also have to say I notice how unfair the WT can be to many of those having emotional/menal handicaps (and maybe other handicaps, as well), expecting them to function perfectly and show no signs of their problems, always seeming happy, etc.. It's a shame.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

It attracks unhappy people that want to feel superior by their suffering. This suffering for God complex is a strange one. I have SACRIFICED so much for serving God, therefore I am a better Christian. It gives them an excuse not to succed in live, career, or emotional well being and then use that as a reason for how much they have given for God.

That is why there are so many meetings, service requirements, books, pamphlets, etc... for people. The burden of doing all these things makes them feel better. Things are shitty right now....they are supposed to be that way since the "world" is such a horrible, ugly place.

It allows them not to do personal self improvement and just say "I'm unhappy, but that's ok, because in the new system I'll be happy." What a crock! How many of you can say that you would want to live forever with these miserable bastards. They have never been happy, don't know how to be happy, and have allowed themselves the cop-out of .... God will make me happy someday in the future so why figure it out myself. And besides...all these happy worldly people are going to be killed anyway.

• Gill
    Gill

It attracts misfits and malcontents. As for attracting people with mental illnesses, I would think it does as it provides, or claims to provide reassuring simple certainties ie go to all the meetings and out on field service and you will be protected by God and live forever.

Those who are sadly born into the cult, however, sometimes have mental illness thrust upon them by the confused, nonsense reasonings that cut against all commonsense and a life time of fear. Isolation from the 'normal' world which usually allows free thought in one way or another means there's no one to help.

• siegswife
    siegswife
    It attracts misfits and malcontents. As for attracting people with mental illnesses, I would think it does as it provides, or claims to provide reassuring simple certainties ie go to all the meetings and out on field service and you will be protected by God and live forever.

How true.

Those who are sadly born into the cult, however, sometimes have mental illness thrust upon them by the confused, nonsense reasonings that cut against all commonsense and a life time of fear. Isolation from the 'normal' world which usually allows free thought in one way or another means there's no one to help.

And therein lies the answer to the question. That's why people like me are/were attracted to JW's...birds of a feather and all...

• new boy
    new boy

Yes

And happiness is always in the furture. There God will ERASE out of their minds, {because any normal person would have nightmares the rest of their immortal lives} all the dead loved ones, and family members, and the dead roting guts of millions of people, that Jehovah the happy god had to kill.

NB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit