What kind of people are attracked to the JWS?

by new boy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Mostly I'd say unhappy ones!

I look back at my life, and say it was my unhappy mother, who infected my family.

It was perfect for her. Someone who had a VERY unhappy life. It had all the things she wanted.

1. An instant family, "brothers & sisters" and "we all LOVE you so much" she got the love she never had before .{she had basicly no family}

2. People are basicily BAD! "The world" is a BAD! The air BAD, The water Is BAD, the food is poision! YEP! just what she thought!

3. There IS a God, and he is full of LOVE, Buttttttttt don't piss him off!!! Or he WILL kill you. Like he has done to millions of wayward people of the old testament-------------.WOW!!! a God that thinks just like me! Loving but hateful.

4.WE can' t be happy now. Only in the near, {far}? furture can we TRULY be happy, after God has killed all the bad people. Thats why their favorite song is "Keep your eye on the prize" True happiness is ALWAYS in the furture. Yep, she hated her past life, the present one was shit too, only in the furture, Then and only then, we all get "pie in the sky when we die"

5. Your old friends and relatives will HATE you if you join. I hate them anyway! I will get my love from my new brothers & sisters anyway!

YEP!!! This the perfect religion for ME and my pain. So she joined, that pain fo hers, has sprend through 3 generations of people.

Now, I must spread the word and find other unhappy people!

Thanks Mom!

NB

• qwerty
    qwerty

Yep! I think in reflection, I was because of the death of my Dad in hope of seeing him again. He died at the ripe old age of 56 from Cancer. I was kind of religious anyway. Qwerty

• kls
    kls

This is a question that i have thought long and hard on for a long time and my conclusion is:

lonely in mind and life

scared of the world and the future

very unsure of one self

person afraid of taking charge

hard to make decisions for one self

This may not be all jws but this pretty much my huband.

• freedom96
    freedom96

No doubt there are many factors that come into place when an adult looks at becoming a witness.

For some, it could be the resurrection promise for loved ones, but mostly, I think it is those that are missing something in their lives, though they cannot put their finger on it, and long for something to belong to.

When they get love bombed at the hall, in the beginning, they sometimes are hooked.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

My Mom, who has an IQ of 145, has essentially sunk all her belief into this religion for 45 years. She has always been a pioneer, and always been faithful to the FD&S. Never mind her IQ, she's dumb as doornails when it comes down to examining the facts. She REFUSES to acknowledge the facts that people have put in front of her, because they are coming from those who are trying to persecute her. The persecution complex works well on her.

However, my Mom is not real good with real life, so maybe she is just better in a fake life where people are telling her what to do and how to do it. She has no autonomy. When I was finding out about the faith, I had to go to a psychiatrist. I told the psychiatrist about all my growing up, and he asked to see my Mom. Well, my Mom came to him, even at a Methodiest church. He brought up a bunch of stuff, and we left. She started crying, and I started crying when I saw *her* crying. I promised myself that I'd never bring her on mY JOURNEY ever again. Then she told me one thing that I started totally laughing at. She said "Country Girl, you live in a never never land." BAHAHHAHAHAHAH.. That was so fake to me since SHE is the one that is subjected to the cult...

CG

• defd
    defd

Sheep like ones. Those who are longing for better things now and in the future. Teachable and meek ones.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Sheep like ones. Those who are longing for better things now and in the future. Teachable and meek ones.

Naive ones. Broken ones. Needy ones. Delusional ones. Not-Knowing-What-The-Hell-They-Are-Getting-Into Ones.

GBL

• Honesty
    Honesty
    When they get love bombed at the hall, in the beginning, they sometimes are hooked.

WTF was I thinking? Didn't I read about how cults love bomb people?

All I can say is I'm guilty of being a dumbass for believing the BS

• prophecor
    prophecor

In the case of myself, those already predisposed to mental illness.

• Jaypeeto1
    Jaypeeto1

I would say that, in the case of many adult converts, many of them are ALREADY self-righteous and judgmental, and along comes this religion that says that the whole world sucks and is about to be incinerated, and voila they've found what they are looking for. Not everyone of course, but many in my experience. Regards, Jaypeeto1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit