Recommend a film

by Satans little helper 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Pi - By Darren Afronski. B&W Film about a mathmatician who believes he has found a pattern to the stock market inside of the Tora. Very chaotic..but very well done. If you are in the mood for a sick movie..i mean sick as in..dont eat any food while watching it; then get Requiem for a Dream. Its by the same director...this one is about heroin addicts who start their own business. It follows their lives in a downward spirial from day 1.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Amelie
    Life is Beautiful
    The Pianist

As far as movies where you get attached to characters, those are a few that come to mind. All excellent movies.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the pianist is brill....not to be confused with the piano which is er....not

• doogie
    doogie
    Pi - By Darren Afronski. B&W Film about a mathmatician who believes he has found a pattern to the stock market inside of the Tora. Very chaotic..but very well done. If you are in the mood for a sick movie..i mean sick as in..dont eat any food while watching it; then get Requiem for a Dream.

have you ever seen Following? it's by the guy that did Memento. it reminds me a lot of Pi. super good movie.

• doogie
    doogie

ooh...and you definitely have to check out Monsturd. it's about a sewer monster that happens to be made of poo. excellent flick. of course, being and indie, it was snubbed by the academy...typical.

• Mary
    Mary

Let's see, to fit your criteria, I would recommend:

Witness (with Harrison Ford, made in the mid-80s)

The Dream Team (with Michael Keaton, made in the mid-80s. Funny, but with some nice touching moments too. Light hearted fun).

Catch Me If You Can (made a couple of years ago)

The Green Mile (excellent film)

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

"Waking Ned Devine"

--Dan

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Definitely nothing with Keanu Reeves

Hell, I cant suggest anything now!

• new boy
    new boy

"The razors edge" -------------Bill Murry

"Ground hog day"---------------Bill Murry

"The Game"-----------------------Micheal Douglas

The latest and best is "What the $#^*^%^% {beep}do we know?"

NB

• clementine
    clementine

the pianist the english patient gone with the wind (i know it's an old one, but i like it so!!) rebecca (the hitchock's one)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit