JW is caught swearing on PEOPLE'S COURT

by carefully faded 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

Yeah, I agree with Golf, those "expletive" words fly out of me, too. But in order to make "a good witness" I don't do it in a court room with the camera rolling and the sound turned on.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

HA! I hope a lot of people caught that one!

• JAVA
    JAVA
    I have a mouth like a sailor. It was cited as one of the reasons for my DF'ing.

Well #####, I didn't know it was that easy!

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Yeah, I bet she gets in trouble for this. . . but then again, she was kind of weird - so she might be one of those sisters that always did crazy things and would get away with it?

- CF

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Perhaps she was caught in the dichotomy of having to tell the truth in the T V court, and not wanting to repeat her bad language.I guess the dubs are in reality a bit more reasonable - some anecdotes :

I know an elders wife who swears like trooper if she is among trusted family and friends

I have heard 'bros' chuckling over some of the language heard on the Assembly Hall construction site.

When a 'bro elder' builder was doing a job at my old house he left my number with the garage fixing his van. He did not realise that my answerphone recorded his response when they told him the bill!! He would not have wanted that to be heard elsewhere.... But he was a good man, one of the few good elders whom I would still have time for. As James said "To bridle ones tongue requires a perfect man" or words to that effect

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

No one's perfect.

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

I'd just like to clarify . . . my post, in no way, implies that I think less of this woman because she swore (not with my potty mouth). I pointed it out because it makes me laugh how JW's cringe when they get bad press or when a JW is brought to light doing something "wrong" - and I figure the entire "organization" gave a collective groan when they heard about this one.

- CF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit