Are there any Masons on this forum?

by Brummie 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Cameron
    Cameron

Seems to me I recall a program on the History Channel that explained that many of the early leaders of early United States Government were Masons.

Don

• Satanus
    Satanus

A lot of the false stories originated from a mason, Gabriel Jogand /Leo Taxil who pretended to become catholic. He made up all kinds of crap about masons. He gave these to the church in order to discredit it. The pope fell for the stories, and some of them continue to be believed today.

alt

S

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

My Grandfather was a Mason and my Grandmother was Eastern Star. My great Uncle help found the Lodge in Las Vegas, Nevada and was a Shriner.

That is how I know they get together to just drink beer and play cards.

My Grandmothers father was a Mason and a member of the Ku Klux Klan. The Klan is a harmful organization. The Masons are not.

Since I am an Atheist I would never be allowed to join the Masons.

• Brummie
    Brummie

lol XW!

Since I am an Atheist I would never be allowed to join the Masons.

Why not? I thought they claimed not to be a religion?

• talesin
    talesin

Family IOOF

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

My Shriner Great Uncle had a print of George Washington presiding over the Lodge as Grand Master.

Liberal democracy and hostility to authoritarianism were the hallmarks of 18th century Masons.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Masons have to accept the concept of "the Great Architect"

That is the same reason I could never go to Alcoholics Anonymous. There is no "Higher Power"

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

from what i heard Charles Russell was a Mason...and it's funny cuz i once tried looking up some information on masons in the WT and Awake volumes my grandmother has volumes that go back as far as the late 50's and to my surprise i found none...and i thought it was strange because JW's have info on just about every religion or organization. all i found was a tiny paragraph that didnt tell me anything.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

When I was in my late 20's early 30's I managed an industrial parts store. One of our outside salesmen was a very happy smiling all the time guy. He was also a good salesman.

Many many times he suggested that "I should ask him about joining the masons" I guessed that he could not offer this option to me, I had to ask for it.

Well being a jw I had no true knowledge of them. Just the "you can't trust anybody" especially an organization thing.

So I just laughed it off.

Now nearing 70 yrs I wonder how life would have been if I had joined up.

I doubt they are interested in old farts like me joining.

Outoftheorg

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    That is the same reason I could never go to Alcoholics Anonymous. There is no "Higher Power"

Robert K. Stock,

You make a statement such as this.....as though it were written in stone. This is your own opinion. There are those of us here that do believe in a higher power. What you are doing is prosylitising (spelling). Please feel free to express your beliefs, but not in the tone that it is the only belief possible.

Thank You,

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit