Are there any Masons on this forum?

by Brummie 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

My father was a 32nd degree Mason in both the York and Scottish rites. He died while serving as Master of his lodge and we gave him a Masonic service in the 2nd oldest lodge in North America.

He was neither secretive about his Masonic dealings nor was he Satanic (per some comments in this thread about Masons/Masonry. They are a bunch of men who do charitable works (i.e Shriners burn units across the US).

By the end of this year I anticipate attaining my 32nd degree and will be declared a Knight Templar. So far there have been overt religious/trinitarian themes but nothing I consider Satanic. Also these doctrines are not forced dogma but rather loose references during ceremony. There is not any forced belief in Masonry except in the belief of a sole diety whatever form or name that diety takes is your own business.

Masonry is just one other charitable venue I have chosen to assist and be part of. It is a great networking opportunity to meet other like minded individuals who believe in and actually practice relief (charity) and working towards self-improvement.

I will not likely get into this with the conspiracy theorists since they appear close minded Reminiscent of Jw's) on this issue as evidenced in their reluctance to even acknowledge LT's links or other attempts in other threads to reason with them. If anyone else has questions, feel free to pm meor post them here.

Uzzah - who has never really hidden the fact he is a Mason

• Sirona
    Sirona

Damn! I've been exposed. I'm a mason.

Sirona

• Brummie
    Brummie

I once read a book (or an article) that said when they get to the highest degree they have to acknowledge satan as god just as much as Jah as god?...Of course, not having been a mason, I know nothing about what happens in the highest degree of masonary, so I'd prolly put it down to balony.

Brummie

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Jula71 asks.....................

How does one go about becoming a mason?

Just ask one and they will be more than happy to talk to you about becoming one. I was bombarded by several that I worked with over the years to join up, but I was a happy JW at that time.

My most recent boss, before my retirement was always after me to join his lodge. But once I left the JW's and now consider myself Christian, and after what I looked up on the internet, I felt that I wanted no part of it.

But after more considerable investigation, I have come to know quite a bit about them and their charitible dealings. I don't really believe that there is anything Satanic involved at all.....just a lot of things that let you identify fellow Masons. It is definitely a network of people helping their own.......especially if you are an honest worker and businessman. You will get ahead of the competition in most cases by being a Mason. Not much different than choosing a friend of a friend or a relative over someone you don't know for a job position.

The deeper you get into it, the more fascinating the rites are! And it is not Satanic. The critics can say all they want in a negative way, but one can still be a Christian and be a Mason as far as I'm concerened.

Now, I am considering more and more of becoming one.

HappyDad

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I had dinner last night with the Grand Master of the Province of Ontario, Grand Lodge of Canada. He is a retired RCMP Officer and now a volunteer with a multi-faith Christian organziation similiar to Doctors Without Borders.

He is a lay minister in his local Christian Church. Somehow I doubt someone like that would renounce God and claim Satan is god. He is also the highest ranking Mason in the Province. Take from that what you will, Brummie.

If that is asked of me when raised to the 32nd degree, I'll let you know.

Uzzah

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Uzzah:Are you working both York and Scottish rite?

I ask because of your comments refering to 32nd degree AND Knights Templar.

(I'll have to look this thread up when I get home next week, as I really HAVE got to head to bed!! LOL)

• Brummie
    Brummie
    If that is asked of me when raised to the 32nd degree, I'll let you know.

Thanks uzza.... :)

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

LT:

Yep. Basically following the same path in which my father approached Masonry. I figure it worked well for him.

Uzzah

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

I once helped my friends build an outdoor fireplace and we used bricks and mortar n' stuff - does that count?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

lol xena

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit