Signs of the end, are they so clear that we don't see them anymore?

by JH 55 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

What do you think?

7 ?For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

9 ?Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU , and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
    But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.
  • freedom96
    freedom96

There have been disasters and wars since the beginning of time.

Only now, we have the communication technology to find out about it immediately, and many times have video coverage.

And, when you look at the population, and compare deaths, crime, etc, it is many times lower than what it used to be.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Clear as mud.

• Dustin
    Dustin

No, because the JW religion always ingrained in our minds that things are so bad. To me it seems the same as it's always been. For all the bad things that happen, there are also so many good and kind acts that happen too. The society just chooses not to acknowledge those things. They paint the world out to be a place of gloom and doom. I'm much happier since I left them, and feel much more in control of my life. Shit happens, that doesn't mean the world is gonna disappear.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Seems to me that its now a whole lot worse than in 1975!!!!

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Buttlights Avatar seems to be a "Sign of the End"- the flourescent kind.

• Dustin
    Dustin

I'm not denying things are getting a little out of hand at times. But, in the 80's things looked like the Cold War was going to escalate into Armageddon. But it didn't. My view is this, I don't know what the future holds. No one does, including 12 men who brainwash people into believing they do. I can't control the future, and I'm not going to live my life every day worrying about it. If the world ends there's not a damn thing I can do about it. God knows I've lived my life as a good person, and if he's out there he will recognize that.

So my question is why allow a bunch of hypocrites at the society to cotrol your lives? How do you know they are really God's people?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Those conditions have always existed. It may appear more pronounced because we are more conscious of world affairs now than in the past. There are also more people. The JWs have not provided evidence that the events of today are disproportionate to the events of 2,000 years ago.

Walter

• myelaine
    myelaine

There have been disasters and wars since the beginning of time.

my BF said this to me last night. my reply was, yes but,.... there has not always been a state of Israel.

Israel was reborn as a nation on May 15, 1948 when the United Nations recognised the state of Israel. This is a fulfillment of Isaiah 66:8

"Who has heard such a thing?

Who has seen such things?

Shall the earth be MADE to give birth in one day?

Or a nation be born at once?

For as soon as Zion travailed,

she gave birth to her children.

And as reasurrance that this is ordained by God we read on in verse 9...Shall I bring to the time of birth, and not cause delivery? says the LORD.......

michelle

Come quickly Lord Jesus.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Every single generation of people between Christ and now has thought their generation was it. They all had one thing in common: they were wrong.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit